DESCRIBE UP TO FIVE ACTIVITIES THAT YOU HAVE PURSUED OR ACCOMPLISHMENT ACHIEVED

schoola 1 / -  

my list of activities or achievements

Activity 1: I wanted to showcase my Somali heritage through creative means. During the lockdown, I learned how to sew cultural clothing. I began to take requests from the local women in my neighbourhood to create one-of-a-kind pieces for them. As a result, I have built a small clientele.

Activity 2: As an older daughter in an immigrant family I bear the responsibilities of a parent, teacher and financial advisor. Although, I have been something like a primary caregiver for a majority of my life the pandemic undoubtedly thrusted me further into the role.

Activity 3: The community that served me for most of my life suffered tremendously during the beginning of the pandemic. In return, to thank them for the service, I service them. I make weekly grocery and essential runs for the seniors and other vulnerable individuals in my neighbourhood.

-- I have one other activity I have not included for security reasons
The first activity is something that falls under the "Achievement" classification of the prompt. This shows your potential as a member of the student community in the sense that you will be able to offer a service that can help you become a part of the community.

The second one is an activity that you pursue on a personal basis, for personal reasons. How would that apply to the student community? I do not believe this is an activity that falls under either classification. It is not impressive enough even on a personal note as this is an activity that all children, regardless of the status of their family tend to perform.

The third activity can be considered an accomplishment on your part since you have shown your ability to be helpful and cooperative with your neighbors. It depicts how your relationship with the student community, your dorm mates, or study group members might go. It is a positive character depiction that can serve to help your application.

Home / Undergraduate / DESCRIBE UP TO FIVE ACTIVITIES THAT YOU HAVE PURSUED OR ACCOMPLISHMENT ACHIEVED