Dhaka is really close to my heart! -Stanford- What matters to you and why?

WH123 2 / 4  
Hey guys. just wrote this essay. comments would be really helpful

I somehow still remember glimpses of the days when my father used to take me out on a drive in our Nissan March at night because that was the easiest way to make me fall asleep. I guess seeing the peace and tranquility of this wonderful city as we went around was what really did the job. Now as we go for the same drive I see hundreds of people sleeping on the roadsides and slums covering massive areas of the city and that is infinitely more depressing than peaceful.

Dhaka is a city, I hold really close to my heart. I have seen gradually become an increasingly ugly,urbanised mess with a massive divide between the rich and the poor.I feel that a major step to helping this city get back to the way it was would be helping the latter people of the divide and it is helping these people, the "urban poor" section of my beloved city that really matters to me.

I've grown up playing football with boys who were not fortunate to have proper homes and were always roaming around on streets. Playing with me over the years, they have established a soft spot in my heart and I have tried to help them whenever I could but they were just a handful comprising a minute portion of the unfortunate population.

In an effort to help these people I came up with a simple idea of Share2care, a trust that a Trust that collects small donations (minimum 20 taka) from customers at high end restaurants and distributes them to charitable organisations as a small measure against income inequality, sitting in my father's restaurant, Spitfire. I really feel that the immensely rich folks of this divided city can definitely spend a meagre portion of their wealth on the less fortunate to make this city as wonderful as it was.

I am truly passionate about how I can make a positive impact on this city that I love so much and I really want to see it go back to its glory days.
RaviSouza 3 / 7 3  
Dhaka is a city, I hold really close to my heart.

Dhaka is a city I hold really close to my heart.

a trust that a Trust that collects small donations

(I guess you didn't see that)

It's a very good essay!
congratulations!
julianon - / 2 1  
Dhaka is a city, I hold really close to my heart. I have seen gradually become an increasingly ugly,urbanisedurbanized mess with awhich displays a massive divide between the rich and the poor.I feel that a major step to helping this city get back to the way it was would be helping the latter people of the divide and it is helping these people, the "urban poor" section of my beloved city that really matters to me.(you may not want to show clear favoritism towards one side because you dont know what type of person is reading the essay. So try this instead

In order for Dhaka to become the city it was once was, I believe that this economic gap must be bridged.

My desire to help these individuals has risen from knowing young boys that were facing such inequalities. I have grown up playing football with boys who were not fortunate enough to have proper homes. They roamed the streets in search for proper shelter and food and it was a site that ignited in me a desire to help. I have tried to help these boys in any way I could but I realize that they were only a minute portion of the larger poor population

In an effort to help these people I came up with a simple idea of Share2care, a trust that a Trust that collects small donations (minimum 20 taka) from customers at high end restaurants and distributes them to charitable organisationsorganizations . This is as a small measure against income inequality but I hope that this can grow into something much larger so that it can have a greater impact., sitting in my father's restaurant, Spitfire.

I really feel that the immensely rich folks of this divided city can definitely spend a meagre portion of their wealth on the less fortunate to make this city as wonderful as it was. ( you may want to focus on the organizations that can help like yours. It would put you in the essay more and you are providing an option.)

Hope this helps and good luck on your other applications!
OP WH123 2 / 4  
Thanks a lot for the help. REALLY appreciate the time spent on it. thanks...

Home / Undergraduate / Dhaka is really close to my heart! -Stanford- What matters to you and why?