"diagnosed with leukemia" - Georgetown Short Essay ... activity of most involvement

CMSpence5 1 / 1  
In the space available discuss the significance to you of the school or summer activity in which you have been most involved.

I have been most involved in my school's chapter of Rotary International Interact Club. In my community, the Interact Club is one of the most visible groups to represent my school. The club volunteers with many different organizations, both international and local.

Most notably - the club hosts the Union County Special Olympics and two Red Cross Blood Drives. We also volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and try to donate our excess money to worthwhile charities that reach places where we are unable to send students to help.

Closer to home, we sponsor a local under-privileged pre-school, providing gifts during the holidays and a day of fun during the spring. We are involved with Hometown Heroes, a Rotary group which sponsors families whose children need special medical attention and are usually suffering from fatal diseases.

When I was a freshman a member of our club was diagnosed with leukemia. That year, we sponsored numerous events to help raise money so he could receive the best treatments available. Although he held on for another year and a half, our club still sponsors events in his name, and money is donated to other local families fighting the battle of cancer and other childhood diseases. When I was a sophomore a girl in the club was in a fatal car crash, and we now help sponsor a golf memorial and scholarship in her name.

I have been heavily involved with the club during all four years of high school, and this year I am the president. I enjoy holding this position because I am very organized, and I like for things to run smoothly. The club has over 200 members, so keeping track of everyone takes a lot of time. I enjoy participating in the Interact Club because I get the opportunity to participate in a variety of events for the greater good. I enjoy helping others, and for me, volunteer work is one of the best ways to give back and show appreciation about how blessed I have been in my life.
ShadoPoig1 2 / 3  
I have been most involved in my school's chapter of Rotary International Interact Club. In my community, the Interact Club is one of the most visible groups to representrepresenting my school. The club volunteers with many different organizations, both international and local.

When I was a freshman, a

It's pretty good overall! Just had those tidbits.
You can be more efficient here:
I have been most involved in As a member of my school's chapter of Rotary International Interact Club, I __________________.... (You can use this sentence to make a meaningful point.

Although He held on for another year and a half, and now ou r club still sponsors events in his name, and money is donated to other local families fighting the battle of cancer and other childhood diseases.

...and I like for things to run smoothly.

This essay is impressive, mostly because your generous nature is revealed in it.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "diagnosed with leukemia" - Georgetown Short Essay ... activity of most involvement