A differed point of view from a teacher or employer during an evaluation of your performance

naenaebunny 1 / -  
Prompt- In 250 words or less, provide an example of when your point of view differed from a teacher or employer during an evaluation of your performance. How did you handle the situation?

FIT Fashion design AAS Essay

In art class, we were given the project to create a piece for the Canadian Remembrance Day that had a theme that reflected the wars Canadian soldiers fought in. I had created the most beautiful mixed media piece with watercolor and acrylic paint. I submitted my work believing it was very comprehensible piece. However, I received a grade that was out of line with my efforts. Therefore, I approached my teacher and asked her why I received such a grade and she told me it was well done but she could not find the meaning behind my composition. I was convinced she would raise my grade if I explained my work. Confidently, I explained the mood and placement of symbols to her. Shortly after, she replied that she would raise my grade from a B to an A. Through this I learnt that it is always good to be confident in your work and skills.
Naomi, aside from being confident in your work and skills, you should also discuss how you learned to use the power of dialogue and convincing in order to get what you want out of a given scenario. As in the case of your teacher, you successfully pleaded and defended your case based upon your confidence in your work and skills. That is why you got the A that you truly deserved for the task. Explain that it is important to understand that everything in this world can be explained to a person with an open mind, which is what you teacher had, which is the reason why the teacher agreed to change your grade. Since you have a 250 word maximum, you still have space with which to explain what I said above in your own words in order to complete the given statement explanation.

Home / Undergraduate / A differed point of view from a teacher or employer during an evaluation of your performance