The Difficult of Art (you tried something for which you had no talent)

Altgirl 1 / -  
We tend to spend our time doing the things we know we do well--running because we're good runners or painting because we're talented artists. Tell us about a time when you tried something for which you had no talent. How did it go?

One day I signed up for art class at my school. I thought that I was going to really well good at it but I was wrong. Later found out that it was very complicated for me. I really didn't know that much about art when I signed up for the class. But, I thought I would learn it very quickly aside from think that I was very wrong. Art was very complicated because I didn't know to draw at all. My teacher would give these assignments that we would have to complete every week which was draw three picture and we would had to turn it and every Friday. On that Monday we would get our drawing back with a grade on them. My grade was all was the same I got a C's all the time and until this one time I decide to practice my drawing and I got a Bt .

Nevertheless, I was doing good start it drawing well but then came a nothing problem. I had to start learning how to paint and blend colors at the same time. Well my teacher gives everyone this big board to draw and paint on. We was had draw this circle on the board after that we had to paint. Which was very complicated for me? We had to paint and the lines and make it very neat. There were so very tinny spots on the board. At first I thought I could not do this at all. It took a long time to figure out how to paint my board for it could be perfect. So I finally ask my teacher for help and she helps me with my problem. Why didn't I do that and the first place you may ask because I thought I could do it on my on and I was wrong.

However, I was not really good with art and the beginning. I never gave up with thought I keep trying my best with it. I did have some hard time with art and I also have some good times with art. I am glad that I took art class because I got to learn some new thing that I didn't know before. For example, I got to learn how to draw I don't know how to draw well but I do know how to draw better. I also like draw because I got to learn the different colors and how to blend them well. I thought it was really going to be simple. It turns out that it was not simple at all and that I had to put in a lot of hard work.
RabiaG 1 / 30  
Do not start your essay with "One day". It's a cliche, and it sounds informal.
"I thought that I was going to really well good at it but I was wrong." Be clear!

I like the ideas within your story. You reveal step by step of your situation.
However, you're going to FASTTT!

The first paragraph already has a beginning and end to your problem.
Expand, on the diffilculties you had, and faced.

What was your motivation? Why did you continue?
You might want to focus on one story that you have with art.
You want to show not tell. But at the same time, not to over do it.

In addition, you want to present your growth as an individual, it might be mentally, physically emotionally throughout this process.

Hope I helped.
Good luck!
I agree about the cliche. Actually, tat whole first sentence is too common and ordinary and uninteresting! A much better first sentence is this:

I thought that I was going to really well be a high achiever in art class, but I was wrong.
Now that is an interesting sentence with which to start an essay!

On that Monday, we would get our drawings back with grades on them.

Nevertheless, I was doing well when I started a drawing, but then came another problem.
I had to start learning how to paint and blend colors at the same time. Well my teacher gave everyone this big board to draw and paint on. We was had draw this circle on the board, and after that we had to paint on it -- which was very complicated for me!

However I was not really good with art and the beginning.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / The Difficult of Art (you tried something for which you had no talent)