'the difficulty of making money' -COMMON APP short answer

miii 2 / 1  
Can you help me edit my essay?

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below.

I was awakened at 5am by two alarms I set not to be late for job and I went to work rubbing my eyes. I worked at convenience store for one year. In spite of low paying job, I had many things I have to do: casher, cleaning, handling phone calls, helping customers mail packages, baking breads, deep frying chicken and French fries, etc. I was also entrusted with training new staff. The most difficulty I faced was to deal with irrational customer complaints and unreasonable demands. I controlled the feelings of irritation and served my customers politely with a smile. I considered that it was very good opportunity for observing people to meet various people regardless of age or sex through my job, because I thought I was able to improve my ability to judge character by observing people. Positively thinking so, I was able to enjoy my job. At the same time, I learned the difficulty of making money and it involved responsibility.
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
miii

Suggestion:RIIIING! I was awakened promptly at 5AM, by the two alarms I had set in order to be early. Rubbing my eyes, I set off to the convenience store that I called home for a year now. (I do not think you should mention the low pay, its unnecessary and sounds like your sucking up) I had a variety of tasks to do: monitoring the cashier, cleaning, taking phone calls, helping customers mail packages, baking bread, deep frying chicken and French fries, and I was also entrusted with training new staff. Despite the large quantity of tasks I was in charge of, the one that presented the most difficulty was dealing with unreasonable customer complaints and demands. I, however learned to control my irritation and always endeavoured to treat these customers politely and with a smile. My job provided me with the opportunity to observe persons and it improved my ability to judge persons's character. I enjoy my job, but at the same I learned how difficult it was to make money and, thus, used it more responsibly.

I did not quite grasp what you were trying to say in the last sentences, but I still tried to make some sense out of it. Also hope I do not push you over the word limit.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / 'the difficulty of making money' -COMMON APP short answer