'the Directed Studies Program' - why Yale

kexu2012 5 / 8  
I really look forward to receiving any advice! Yale is a "reach" school for me, but i really want to make my essay as good as i can. Process is the reward!

Why Yale?

The first book I've read that introduces American universities is writen by a Yale freshman who grows up in the same city I'm living in. Thus, the vividly-pictured image of Yale University has remained in my mind as close as an old friend. I am especially enticed by her experience in Yale's Directed Studies Program, in which students learn philosophy, literature, and history by abundant reading and discussing. The students in this program bury themselves in opuses by Homer, Plato, and Aristotle, rack their brains to perfect weekly papers, and passionately debate for their different understandings of an explanation given by their professor in class. This kind of learning experience really fascinates me, a student with great interests in humanities and social sciences, for I have always dreamed of joining in such an academic community in which people truly enjoy the pleasure of learning! Thus, I insist in applying Yale University in spite of others' dissuasions that Yale is too high for me to reach, because I believe that, just as the motto hold by Yale, "Lux et Veritas" are accessible to every one.
mursel 6 / 12  
your essay is good but i think that you should broad your ideas and you know that this reader don't know who you are you should write your own writing style which tells you
Alicegz 2 / 25  
I applaud you for applying to Yale in spite of other people's remarks.
Here are some of my suggestions:
writenwritten by a Yale freshman who growsgrew up in the same city I'm living in
Good Luck!

It would be great if you could help me with my essay:)
OP kexu2012 5 / 8  
Thank you for your advice! I think it's really helpful! I'm amending the draft and I would edit in a few days, adding more about myself!

Home / Undergraduate / 'the Directed Studies Program' - why Yale