'how i was discriminated against on' - Georgia Tech

java4u 3 / 8  
Want to Major in Comp Sci

GPA: 3.8 (GT Scale)
SATI: Didnt send
ACT: 35M, 30E, 31 E/W (11 on Essay) * Im pretty sure that this is what GT only looks at on the ACT.
School Doesnt Rank
Total 11 AP's by the time i graduate
Took a Course At Stanford University and got a grade of A.
Go to Competitive Private School.
450+ Community Service
Got a Presidential Award for my Community Service(Letter signed by Prez, and a Certificate and Pin)
Took a Computer Science Course and Passed with Full Marks in India
Worked as a web developer for a start-up company
Created my own social networking business (Made my own social networking website)
Head Coach and Founder of Self-Created Tennis Academy. Currently have around 10 students and 2 Coaches under me.
Lead the Tech department of my school to create its own itunes store and apps for our school
Freelance Web Developer, worked for my engineering teacher to build his companies website.
Essays: Wrote about how i was discriminated against on my high school tennis team and didnt make captain, so I started my own tennis school. And second essay was why i want to come to GT.

I really want to get into GT!
carolynah92 3 / 13  
You will have no trouble getting into Georgia Tech! I know plenty of people who have gotten in with less impressive statistics alone, but your extracurriculars will really make you stand out!
Dii 6 / 24  
I think you'd definitely get in. Just have a good application ( prepare it properly) .
wintahtimee 1 / 9  
I wouldn't worry at all. You're obviously smart enough and you have extra-curriculars that set you far apart from other candidates. Good luck and I hope you get in!
Daybreak 3 / 32  
I hear essays count a lot, so work hard on them and with those excellent references, you should be fine.
OP java4u 3 / 8  
Thank You for the comments guys! I really researched the school and wrote about specific research and academic opportunities to explain why i want to go to UIUC. FOr the other essay, I tried to emphasize how I was discriminated in my high school tennis tennis. However, I explained how I was able to cope with this and soo started my own tennis school.
Daybreak 3 / 32  
Researching the University should be especially helpful! They like to know you've looked into them and why you're really interested.
Good luck!
hahahohohe 1 / 17  
if i were you, i wont aim for Illinois.
I will aim for Harvard Yale Princeton Stanford MIT.
Although your SAT/ACT scores arent fantastic, you have excellent extra-curriculars and 11 APs (?!??!)
I'm sure the importance of SAT/ACT pales in comparison to those. Afterall, SAT/ACT merely tests your language. It does accurately reflect how intellectually developed you are and how much potential you have.

For me, I have pretty good SAT scores, but i only took 4 APs as of now. (taking Physics C: Mech and EM and econs next year). My extracurriculars are obviously not as good as yours.

whats more, i was accepted by UIUC though I crapped out my essay.
THEBOSS22 1 / 6  
hey u got in... dont worry about it! nice resume
CollegeHopefuls 4 / 7  
You are like guaranteed admission.. :P Good luck
jebhogiaye 6 / 14  
You are most likely in! I think I remember your stats from college confidential. Correct me if I'm wrong

Home / Undergraduate / 'how i was discriminated against on' - Georgia Tech