'distant education' - applying for a degree at university

meandstudying 2 / 14  
Hello guys,

please tell me what you think about this essay about distance education and why I've chosen it :

distance education is a good match for me because it allows me to innovate my knowledge and keeps me up-to-date and learn as much as I can wherever I am, either at home or somewhere else, as long as I have an internet access, especially in the field I am mostly interested in, computer science, as there are a lot of tutorials that supply worthwhile information on a specialized topic, as well as forums, where people can exchange their ideas, discuss particular issues with others, without worrying about the distances among them, as information goes fast through the internet,

For me, I get information primarily from the internet

many thanks
TarlGis 2 / 3  
Hi meand studying,

The topic of the essay about distant education for school application seems interesting to me, and I love the reason that you mentioned about why you choose it. However, according to me, the essay that you wrote is kind of short and it lacks many convincing reasons for the application to the university. It would be great if you have a very clear structure for the essay such as introduction, body and conclusion. Then in the body of the essay, you can list out 3 main persuadable reasons why distant education is much better than on campus education. In the essay that you wrote, it seems to me that you only pointed out one reason of how distant education can save your time with convenience of the internet and you can discuss with other people through forums, to me I said those reasons are not enough persuadable because you can learn it that way by yourself and it's not necessary for you to apply for a school.

My recommendations are that you can write more (give more reasons) to make your essay longer and more convincible. You can say how distant education are better than on campus education, with the reasons you mentioned above, you can explain more and add more details to make them better.

i hope it helps.

- Th
OP meandstudying 2 / 14  
thank you very much TarlGis, for the recommendations, I appretiate it,

I will try to make it better, then post it
OP meandstudying 2 / 14  
An essay about what makes me unique : Please give me your thoughts , thanks

autodidact, meticulous ,and never giving up, these are words that describe me since my childhood, for example I always wanted to do every school work on my own, didnt even look at the solutions of the problems and exercises, as I tried to have my own way of solving them and to perfectly organize my work and succeed at it. However, I am a broad minded person, open to new ideas and willing to consider changing my view points about an issue if I am given a good reason

Home / Undergraduate / 'distant education' - applying for a degree at university