'Diverse student body' - BOSTON UNIVERSITY- why BU is a good fit ?

pentagramma 1 / 2  
I believe that legacies are what make up all good universities. Boston University is one of those universities which have made a legacy. Hailing from a family that has long been creating a legacy of educating the children in the family at boarding school in order to help them become strong and independent individuals, both my father and I and a couple of my ancestors have been at boarding school. Similarly, what appealed to me about BU is that it is a century-old university creating a legacy of learningthat is a progression of sheer hard work and determination along with sincere sharing. With enriched faculties and a diverse student body at BU, I yearned to be a part of that legacy which would shape me into a better individual who will grow to care and share.

I have set benchmarks in life, bench marks when teamed with certain characteristics of mine and that of BU will be achieved. I have plans to do my own research and Boston University has both the faculty and the infrastructure perfect for me to do so. Apart from the above, there are various other factors that led me to believe that I am fit for Boston University. One of the major factors being the diversity; with over 50 countries represented at BU I am sure I as an individual will make the student body more diverse with my urge to learn incessantly and contribute genuinely.

Essay for BU--supplement essay--Prompt
'In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?'
Jayashree95 4 / 19  
The third sentence is a bit too long and could be shortened.
The sentence "I have set benchmarks in life...." could be altered since the present sentence creates a jarring effect.
In the last line, 'incessant' could be replaced by saying 'your zest for knowledge combined with a genuine desire to contribute...'
OP pentagramma 1 / 2  
thank you people.. jayashree :D
good to hear from fellow nationals :D

Home / Undergraduate / 'Diverse student body' - BOSTON UNIVERSITY- why BU is a good fit ?