"diversity, innovation, curriculum, aircraft" - Why UM - Supplment essay for UMich

snoopyai 1 / -  
I don't know what to do now...the essay drives me crazy
any advice is welcome!! Love u~~
I promise to revise yours in turn!

Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests? (500 words maxinum)

"We know that diversity makes us a better university - better for learning, for teaching, and for conducting research." What U-M President Mary Sue Coleman once said perfectly presents one of the unique quantities that attract me to apply for the College of Engineering: diversity, which can be also interpreted as "Beyond Traditional Boundaries". By setting up fourteen engineering majors, the college of engineering covers most areas of the engineering world. Moreover, under each major, there are branches for students to choose. In addition to the quantity of the study directions, the quality of Michigan Engineering is also of high reputation. So, it lays a solid foundation for students to work across engineering disciplines. I really appreciate your fertile space for academics as well as strict pragmatic style, which are crucial to adapt the outstanding professional capacity of an engineer.

Apart from the diversity, innovation is another attribute that attracts me. In U-M, students are often encouraged to innovate as much as possible. One of my U-M friends told me that they received lots of projects which require them to propose new ideas, helping certain sci-tech association to improve. I think I can benefit a lot from this educational concept. Moreover, students themselves are also very active to involve in innovation because of the supporting from numerous student teams. Recently, the University of Michigan Solar Car Team won their sixth North American title and received the Technical Innovation Award. I sincerely hope that I can joint in the team and make a contribution to the seventh champion.

As for what curriculum supports my interests, AEROSP 325. Aerodynamics is second to none. I have been infatuated with Formula Grand Prix since the first glance at my age of 12. The amazing speed of the racing car strikes my heart, making me curious but excited about this sporting. How could it achieve such a high speed without flying from the ground? Could it be even quicker? The answer lies in Aerodynamics. How to increase the Lift-Drag Ratio has always been a puzzle. By taking this course and having access to those advanced facilities such as wind tunnels in the department. I hope that I can help my beloved race driver and team to do a better design someday. Besides, introduced by my friend who is studying in the department, I'm also interested in CFD, which is the most powerful tool to imitate the forces or pressures circumstance.

One more course that I found interesting is AE335.Aircraft and Spacecraft Propulsion. What if we apply the propulsion systems of aircraft and spacecraft to the racing car? Will it make a contribution to the performance of the engine or will it affect the stability of the car? Exploring this field looks promising for the future of the racing car.

In a conclusion, the diversity and the sprit of innovation consists the two big attractions of the Michigan Engineering for me. In particular, the courses about aerodynamics set up by Aerospace Department supports my interest of Formula Grand Prix.
Hannover96 4 / 17  
"We know that diversity makes us a better university - better for learning, for teaching, and for conducting research." What UM President Mary Sue Coleman'sonce saidstatement perfectly presents the most important reason I have chosen to apply to the University of Michigan's College of Engineering: diversity. which can be also interpreted as "Beyond Traditional Boundaries" . By setting upWith fourteen engineering majors, the College of Engineering covers most every area of the engineering world. Moreover, under each major, there are branches for students to choose.(Yeah, sorry, this is something EVERY school offers, not a particularly significant point.) In addition to the quantity of the study directions, the quality of Michigan Engineering is also of high reputation,So, it lays awith a solid foundation for students to work across engineering disciplines. I really appreciate UM's fertile space for academic options as well as their strict pragmatic style, which are crucial to me, in order to adapt to the outstanding professional capacity of an engineer.

Apart from the diversity, innovation is another attribute that attracts methat I am attracted to . At UM, students are often encouraged to be as innovative asmuch as possible. I have heard from my UM friends told me that they received lots ofmany projects are assigned , which require them to think outside of the box , propose new ideas, and helping certain sci-tech associations to improve. I think I canwill benefit a lot greatly from this educational concept. Moreover, the students themselves are also veryincredibly active toand involved in innovation because of the supporting fromas they support numerous student teams. Recently, the University of Michigan Solar Car Team won their sixth North American title and received the Technical Innovation Award. I sincerely hope that I can joint in the team and make a contribution to the seventh champion. (Good! Specifics are good!)

As for what curriculum supports my intereststhe UM curriculum that triggers my interests most? None other than AEROSP 325. Aerodynamics isare second to none (in my book ?). I have been infatuated with Formula Grand Prix since the first glance at my age of 12ever since my first glimpse of the race at age 12 . The amazing speed of the racing car strikes my heart - it makes me curious and excited about the sport. How can the cars achieve such a high speeds without flying from the ground? Could they drive even more quickly? The answer lies in Aerodynamics. How to increase the Lift-Drag Ratio has always been a puzzle to me . By taking this course (which course?)and havingI would have access to those advanced facilities such as wind tunnels in the department. I hope that I can help my beloved race driver and team to do a better design someday.Besides, introduced by my friend who is studying in the department, I'm also interested in CFD, which is the most powerful tool to imitate the forces or pressures circumstance.

One more course that I found interesting is AE335. Aircraft and Spacecraft Propulsion. What if we could apply the propulsion systems of aircraft and spacecraft to the racing car? Will it make a contribution to the performance of the engine, or will it affect the stability of the car? Exploring this field looks promising for the future of the racing car, and promising for my future as well.

In a conclusion, the diversity and the sprit of innovation consists the two big attractions of the Michigan Engineering for me.Ultimately, I am hugely attracted to the University of Michigan's College of Engineering for two major reasons; the incredible diversity of the school, and the spirit of innovation. In particular, the courses about aerodynamics set up by Aerospace Department supports my interest of Formula Grand Prix. ADD a conclusion sentence here, something that wraps it all up!!

You have the right idea - you name specific courses you want to take, specific reasons. Those are good. The articulation of these ideas could use some work. I hope I wasn't too harsh! Good luck to you!

Home / Undergraduate / "diversity, innovation, curriculum, aircraft" - Why UM - Supplment essay for UMich