'Diversity and raised in a third-world nation' - Yale Supplement

rifatmursalin 13 / 36  
Please give me comments, criticisms, or suggestions. ANY feedback is appreciated. Thanks so much :)

What in particular about Yale has influenced your decision to apply?

After learning more about Yale from current students, I was impressed by the diversity, student to faculty ratio, and social life at Yale. The diversity at the campus will be invaluable in providing me a chance to meet students from all backgrounds. The low student to faculty ratio at Yale is very advantageous to me because it will give me the option to do research in Engineering and Computer Science. In addition, the culture of Yale would create a perfect balance of academics and social life.

If you were choosing student to form a Yale class, what question would you ask them?
What songs would you include on the soundtrack to your life and what about those songs represent your life?

Write a brief essay telling us what has led you to an interest in Engineering, what experiences you have had in engineering, and what it is about Yale's engineering program that appeals to you.

Being raised in a third-world nation deprived of technology, I realized the importance of technology and how it can benefit a society. Technology is already an immense part of our daily lives in the United States, and it is expanding every moment. Citizens of developed nations take it for granted, but citizens of third-world nations live a life with little to no technology. Technology is severely limited in numerous nations, and the citizens of those nations do not receive the advantage of having access to it. In the future, I want to work to make it easier and inexpensive for people in third-world nations to have access to technology.

Studying at the Yale School of Engineering and Applied Science will give me the expertise and experience that I will need to accomplish my life's aspirations. My passions for both engineering and technology influenced me to participate in the 2011 Georgia Governor's Honors Program as a Technology major and a Science minor. Exploring Biomedical Engineering, Robotics, and Programming Languages at this prestigious enrichment program was extremely valuable and enjoyable to me. The Engineering program at Yale appeals to me primarily because of the quality education it offers and the low student to faculty ratio. The superiority of a Yale education is a fact known by everyone including people living on the other side of the globe. The very low student to faculty ratio assures me of a greater collaboration with my professors. Studying at the Yale School of Engineering resonates perfectly with my aspirations for learning.
What songs would you include on the soundtrack to your life and what about those songs represent your life?---This is a great question!

-----------------------------------

Citizens of developed nations take it for granted, but citizens of third-world nations live a life with little to no technology. Technology is severely limited in numerous nations, and the citizens of those nations do not receive the advantage of having access to it. In the future, I want to work to make it easier and inexpensive for people in third-world nations to have access to technology.---This kind of seems that you're repeating the same thing over, but it would be better and more personal, if you use a couple examples too.

The superiority of a Yale education is a fact known by everyone, including people living on the other side of the globe.

The very low student to faculty ratio assures me of a greater collaboration with my professors.

Have fun in school and good luck!

:)
vinhstuh 2 / 5  
Elaborate more on how the student-faculty ratio can really give you a boost in education.

Good luck in getting in!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Diversity and raised in a third-world nation' - Yale Supplement