Diversity/ YALE SUPP; Why Yale?/Short takers

swagswag 1 / -  
Regarding the Why Yale? question - I need to make it 500 characters. can someone give me a way to retain the maximum impact while achieving this char count?

Short Takes: 1) Which one is better? 4) Which one is better? 5) Is this too cliche? It is true though.

Why Yale?
The quintessential question for kids: What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a Renaissance man. I yearn to be well-versed in not only science and engineering, but also literature and history. At Yale, the person to my left could be studying British Literature, and the one on my right a physics major. Given such diversity, I stand to learn from both the amazing faculty and the rich student body. Yale is a testament to the things I desire from a college education: academic balance, social diversity, but most importantly, a sense of community fostered by the heart of university - its students.

Short Takes: (175 characters each)
1) What would you do with a free afternoon tomorrow?
OPTION 1: I would take my family to the Occoquan River in the hidden spot behind the two oak trees that is only warm for a few hours, and we would talk like everything was all right.

OPTION 2: I would take my family to the Occoquan River in the hidden spot behind the two oak trees that is only warm for a few hours, and we would talk about everything.

2) What is the best piece of advice you have received in the last three years?
"Do not worry that you have failed. I find it comforting that really, nobody knows what they are doing. It's everybody's first time. (Living that is). "

3) If you could witness one moment in history, what would it be and why?
I would witness the discovery of fire, just to see the reaction of the Neanderthals to something so fluid and mesmerizing yet untouchable.
4) What do you wish you were better at being or doing?
OPTION 1: I wish I was better at motivating others. Many times, I am unable to communicate my vision to others and convince them to rally behind my cause.

OPTION 2: I wish I was better at dancing. On more than one occasion, I've proven myself to be a bit of a klutz, but I've been told I have potential, so I'm willing to learn!

5) What is something about which you have changed your mind in the last three years?
In the last three years, I changed my mind about whether I cared about my classmates' impressions of me without knowing me in person.

Thanks!
katev 18 / 120 24  
Great why Yale!

1) Option 1
4) Option 1
5) Well, do you now care or not care?

Care to comment on my "Why Yale?" I could definitely use some help from someone who wrote such a great one!

Home / Undergraduate / Diversity/ YALE SUPP; Why Yale?/Short takers