"Doc! This one's about to die!". Caltech 'Unusual way in which you have fun' Essay. (200 Words)

AhmadShahnawaz 1 / 3 1  
Prompt: Caltech students have long been known for their quirky sense of humor, whether it be through planning creative pranks, building elaborate party sets, or even the year-long preparation that goes into our annual Ditch Day. Please describe an unusual way in which you have fun.

The body lays before me, diligently prepared for autopsy. I sigh; it's the fourth one this week. I solemnly nod over to my brother, who giggles and hands me a wrench. It is undoubtedly delicate work, to tear away the plastic flesh of the refrigerator and begin searching for the cause of death. I begin with the organs and it doesn't take me long to find out that the cause of death was due to a compressor failure. My brother leans over, his hands gripping the edge of the table, and asks, "Is there anything you can do, doc?". My head sharply turns and I squint, "Don't be ridiculous, I'm the best 'doct-ineer' in the world".

I've always had a great deal of fun playing doctor with my brother, however, our bodies and patients are not made of flesh and bone, but rather of metal, wires and gears. Whenever an appliance around the house fails, we take it out back to the garage, put on our gloves and get ready for the astounding act of bringing our patient back from the throes of the underworld.
oluwatofunmii 2 / 5  
The essay is nice and interesting.
Was a word limit specified though. I think it may be too short for this type of prompt although it answers the prompt very correctly.
OP AhmadShahnawaz 1 / 3 1  
The essay was a maximum 200 words, mine stands somewhere around 185. What do you think? Is it too little or too much?
dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
Hi Ahmad

I think you have just met the demand of the task and these 185 words are perfect for the 200 words maximum essay.

Good job !

Home / Undergraduate / "Doc! This one's about to die!". Caltech 'Unusual way in which you have fun' Essay. (200 Words)