'doing a favor for the school' - Help for Emory Supplement

charisma369 1 / -  
Required Essay:
1. What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

Emerging into an invisible arms of atmosphere holding and inviting me on the diverse campus, I entered the library as if I am entering my room in Taiwan. "This looks more like a five star library," I said to myself when I saw the library presented in my eyes, clean floor reflecting the friendly lights on the top with The paper smell of books rushes.... My thoughts immediately turn to the thrill of intellectual pursuit. I wanted to be in Emory College of Arts and Sciences.

Merging into another overwhelming sense of attraction, I saw the physical education center. As a fanatic fan of sports, I even joined others in the gym exercising already in the long room filled with weights and machines.

Of all other Ivies, Emory has the modern-like buildings that relax my eyes. The unduplicated architecture and spotless of buildings go far beyond the conventional Gothic designs of the other Ivies. Touching the cool marble stones on the walls as I walked, I accidentally passed by a unique place called the Writing Center or as I call it the writing paradise. I couldn't help myself to imagine me improving my writing again.

Recalling a conversation with my teacher, "you will know the most suitable college for you once you are walking on its campus." I thought of this while I was walking towards the concerts area, imagining doing a favor for the school. I sat down and relax.

Yes! I want to be an Emory Eagle.

I know that this is not good. Anything to improve? Thanks.
rifatmursalin 13 / 36  
I am also writing this essay. I like how your essay is descriptive and it has you in it. It' personal; I really like the ending. The only thing I would change is mention more aspects of Emory that you like. Instead of talking about only the building, or the library, include other things. Things that are more human such as the friendliness of students on campus, etc. Since you've been on campus, talk about your interactions with students.

I would appreciate any help with my Common App essay. Thanks =)
sonya15 4 / 29  
Ooh remember, Emory is not an IVY league.

"I couldn't help but imagine the prospect of improving my writing."

I thought of this while I was walking towards the concerts area, imagining doing a favor for the school. I sat down and relax.
Yes! I want to be an Emory Eagle.

Here's a stronger version of this:

These wise words ran through my mind as I was walking towards the concert area, imagining what I could contribute to this school. I sat down and thought, "Yes! I want to be an Emory Eagle!"

Hope this helps!

Will you read mine?

Thanks and good luck :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'doing a favor for the school' - Help for Emory Supplement