What I've done and how I plan to achieve my goals at UIC and beyond - UIC prompt

irisfieldnotes 1 / -  

Uic application essay

Underwood International College (UIC) is an all-English liberal arts college within a major Korean university. What makes you a suitable fit for UIC and what have you done to prepare for a rigorous liberal arts education? How do you plan to achieve your future goals at UIC and beyond?

I didn't find a clear path in technology until I started to produce content creation related to videography, design, and philosophy. As I've developed my visual storytelling abilities, I've realized that visual storytellers must constantly come up with new methods to grasp the appeal of a large audience, which encouraged me to research and further my grasp of human nature.

As a prestigious Korean university worldwide, Yonsei University and UIC would offer many doors of opportunity for me to turn my aspirations into reality. Many UIC alumni serve in tech company positions, and such a network would provide better insight into the world of Korean technology conditions and design systems. In addition, the UIC Information & Interaction Design seminars and courses conducted by professors who have studied abroad can share first-hand expertise and guidance to help me learn more about my specific interests. To express my interest in the human and design field, I am involved in my university's (name of club), attained a Google UX Design certificate, and will be designing a portfolio to present my values and passion for projects.

As I have a limited understanding of Korean studies, I began self-studying Korean and plan to enroll in Korean courses and take the TOPIK exam. By learning Korean, I expect to become a contribution to my mother country and to serve as an asset to further immerse Korea in globalization as one of the top world leaders through technology and commercial means. I am confident, mentally, and academically ready to be challenged in the UIC information and Interaction Design curriculum. The major would provide one of the world's best education as a UX/UI designer and carve paths to expose the Korean cultural and social traditions that are vital in the technology and design realm.
There is nothing in this essay that responds to the 2 main questions. What has become clear from this response is that you have absolutely zero preparation for a liberal arts education while a high school student in your home country and, you have no idea where you want your career to head should be lucky enough to complete a liberal arts degree at these prestigious universities. The responses are general in reference where it should be specific in information. This essay cannot be used in any form. The writer needs to reflect on the seriousness of the questions and deal with the response in the same manner. Forget how one prepared to study in Korea. That is no even a factor in this essay. It does not relate to the liberal arts question. Focus on proving a proper liberal arts foundation in relation to the chosen major instead.

Home / Undergraduate / What I've done and how I plan to achieve my goals at UIC and beyond - UIC prompt