"If you dont go after...."- Nora Robert's quote; Favorite Quote and Why ?

jhaly710 1 / -  
This is my draft.
My Favorite Quote and Why ?

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

- Nora Roberts

Out of the thousands of quotes that I have read in seventeen years this quote has managed to always stay in my head. Why would something so obvious stay in my mind? Simple, this is the type o quote that is so straightforward that once you read it, it gives you a strive a motivation. If a person lacks motivation they'll never take advantage of the opportunities that life beholds.

Each sentence of this quote contains an oblivious message. First one: "if you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it." A child, adult or even a professional that has certain goals in life but doesn't have the drive of motivation will never accomplish anything. You must always give your one hundred percent in mind, soul, and heart. It doesn't matter if your dreams are small or big always try your hardest. Something that I have learned in my brief life experience is that there will always be somebody there to give you support and be there for you even if it's just one person, but I've also learned that not everybody is willing to give hat support and on the contrary they will give you many reasons for you not to go after what you want in life. One must ignore the negativity and keep on no matter what.

Second one: "If you don't ask, the answer is always no." This sentence has teached me that if I don't speak up, I'll never know the answer. Don't be afraid to express yourself. Some people are ashamed to ask questions thinking they'll get yelled at or rejected. Remaining quiet is not what one should do. If you ask something and are ignored no need to worry just speak louder. Everyone deserves to be listened to no matter what skin color or race they are.

Third one: "If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." I can relate to this sentence because at times I tend to over think things. That moment when your mind and body say: "Yes, do it!" but you're still nervous about it, that's how I feel sometimes when making big decisions. Don't be afraid to take that step forward it may bring you huge opportunities in life. If you think you're at a moment in your life where you feel stuck make a move, find a way to move forward and get out of the rut you're in. I've learned that no matter how scared, stubborn, or worried I might be about my decision I must always take that step forward because I'll never know what opportunities it might contain for me and my future.
bng16210 2 / 12  
Everyone deserves to be listened to no matter what skin color or race they are .

Hi!

Love your quote and can see the motivation behind every word. I would avoid stating "Everyone deserves to be listened to no matter what skin color or race they are." It sort of brings a negative tone to your overall thought. Simply state without bias

Everyone deserves to be listened to no . Hope that helps!

Home / Undergraduate / "If you dont go after...."- Nora Robert's quote; Favorite Quote and Why ?