How to draw on the right side of your brain? Essay

borbala 1 / -  
How to draw on the right side of your brain

There is extraordinary evidence of human creativity in everybody. Creativity is as important as literacy we should treat it as the same status. Is it true that schools kill creativity? Drawing or dancing is not as not as important as mathematics? Does school enjoyable nowadays? Every children are creative but after a lot failures when they become adults creativity is gone. There is a tendency to teach children in a different way it is known as Waldorf Education. "Waldorf education (also known as Steiner education) is a humanistic approach to pedagogy based on the educational philosophy of the Austrianphilosopher Rudolf Steiner."

It is common knowledge that drawing, improves creative thinking and problem solving, and if you would like to learn it you probably need to learn how to draw on the right side of your brain. It is a well known method which helps you to develop your drawing skills very quickly.

There are two different so called "brain mode", which helps you to think. Left-mode is the verbal, analytic mode and the right-mode is the visual, perceptual mode. L-mode is a step-by-step style of thinking, using words, numbers and other symbols. R-mode on the other hand, uses visual information and processes, not step-by-step, but all at once, like recognizing the face of a friend. "Learning to draw" means learning to make a mental shift from L-mode to R-mode.

First step is to learn about edges. Edges are about lines, copy a Picasso portrait of Stravinsky using the upside-down drawing method. It is exciting that your picture will be more realistic if you draw it upside down, because you do not know what you are drawing.

Step two is to learn about negative spaces. It is rather hard, negative space is that is behind your subject, for instance, when you are drawing a chair, the negative space is everything that is „not the chair".

Thirdly the art of sighting angles and proportions is highly important. You should compare everything with everything. For example how big is the head compared with the nose? How small is the ear compared with the head?

The next step is how to draw the human face and use light and shadow. Draw an oval an then, sketchily, and then make your drawing more and more detailed. It is not that hard than you think just compare everything with everything continually.

All in all this is the method. Does it sound complicated? If you follow the instructions you will be able to draw what you would like and will see everything differently. The world will be more colorful, you will recognize the real beauty of your surroundings.
Creativity is as important as literacy and we should treat it asgive it the same status as literacy

I wonder whether creativity is more important than literacy :D
Why I say this is, may be a illiterate person who is so creative ( suppose an artist) can survive and even prosper with his skills. If he is literate, that compliments him for sure but it is not a great necessity for his artistic career. However, if he is literate and not creative that would be detrimental for his profession :D

Just a thought! : )

DoesAre school enjoyable nowadays?

Every children arechild is creative but after a lot failures when they become adults creativity is gone.

"every child' is the correct form

Every children arechild is creative someway, but after a lot failures when they become adults creativity is gone.

I dont get the right idea of this statement.... why do you talk about failures? can you make generalisation like that and if so what is the basis?

Home / Undergraduate / How to draw on the right side of your brain? Essay