'drawing lessons' - Common App - Short Answer

titenhi 1 / 3  
Hi! I'm from Belgium, so French is my first language and i really need help for this.. Any advice is welcome ! I'm up to 148 words.

In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer).

At first, drawing lessons were another try like piano or tennis. But when I started, five years ago, at "Ateliers Martenot", it changed completely the way I saw the world. Art has taught me how to act and react in life. First, it awaked my sensibility and creativity. Then, I learned to master improvisation and educate my look and memory. By relaxation, I favor the quality of my gesture en my graphic design. Today, I am able to express life beyond movement and light.

Two summers ago, I also had the chance to go to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, in Michigan. There, uniforms were obligatory to make us focus on work and to look more professional. Through this experience, I learned to be independent and to count only on myself. In spite of the fact that I was in another country, I have grown up from this.
anniebiotic 4 / 8  
I think your content creates an effective message, but your grammar, sentence structure and choice of words need a lot of work.
OP titenhi 1 / 3  
Thanks It sounds better in french but should i focus more on what kind of major i want (graphic design) or on something else ?
OP titenhi 1 / 3  
Take 2 :
Advice, comment, anything !

At first, drawing lessons was just another activity. But after I started, five years ago, I quickly realized that it wasn't. It completely changed the way I saw the world. Art has taught me how to act and react in life. It awakes in me a sense of sensibility and creativity. I learned to master improvisation and see people from another perspective. By relaxation, I favor the quality of my gesture and my graphic design. Today, feeling a brush in my hand makes me feel complete.

Two summers ago, I had the chance to attend Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, in Michigan. There, uniforms were obligatory to make us focus on work and to look more professional. Through this experience, I learned to be independent and to count only on myself. In spite of the fact that I was in another country, I have grown up from this.
sammiepuddle 5 / 15  
Hi! your second take was much better.

I would switch your sentence structure up every so often to keep the flow of the response going.
Also in the very last sentence you do not need to say "up" after "grown up" because it does not serve a purpose.
OP titenhi 1 / 3  
Take 3 :)

At first, drawing lessons was just another activity. But after I started, five years ago, I quickly realized that it wasn't. It completely changed the way I saw the world. Art has taught me how to act and react in life. It awakes in me a sense of sensibility and creativity. I learned to master improvisation and see people from another perspective. Today, feeling a brush in my hand makes me feel complete.

Two summers ago, I had the chance to attend Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, in Michigan. There, uniforms were mandatory to make us focus on work and to look more professional. Through this experience, I learned to be independent and to count only on myself. Combining art with the elements that I encountered in the camp has helped me mature and grow the person that I am today.
linmark /  
Some errors you might wanna fix:
drawing lessons was just another activity - lessons ARE

There, uniforms were mandatory to make us focus on work and to look more professional. Through this experience, I learned to be independent and to count only on myself. - HOW (and why in the world??) do uniforms make you learn to be independent?

mature and grow the person that I am today - you don't grow the person (grow into...) I would just leave it out - maturing and growing into are redundant.

Home / Undergraduate / 'drawing lessons' - Common App - Short Answer