Drawing and painting have been my only passion ; SAIC SOP - Interior Design

ccleeah 1 / 1  
A personal essay provides specific reasons for applying. Include: interest, creative influences, educational goals, interest in art & design

Please excuse my poor English. I really appreciate your help.

Drawing and painting have been my only passion since I first knew how to hold a pen. My earliest memory is a big blue wall full of my drawings in white chalk. I then extended the drawing space to our front yard with sketches of fairies and princess or animals. That was how art has come into my life.

My passion for art keeps growing after time. It has guided me to the career that I want: interior design.
Interior design is an interesing degree that I believe could fulfill my passion of creating my imagination into a particular space.
Interior design does not only complete my love for art but it is also my dream job.

I believe that SAIC is the chosen place that would assist me to accomplish Interior Design course, being ready for the career that I have always wanted. After going through many reviews from SAIC student, it has showed that SAIC is a well established art school with high reputation that has the characteristics that I am looking for. Furthermore, SAIC can be able to provide background and foundation for my growth as a designer in the future.

In grade nine and ten, I took Visual Art class in my high school in Australia and casual art class in my home country during my 3 month holiday. Unfortunately, in grade eleven and twelve I was not able to continue for Art since the class was full and only a number of lucky students was selected. But that did not stop my love for art. Drawing and painting have always been my favourite relaxing activities during spare time besides shopping around and hanging out with friends.

It would be a great honour to me to have a opportunity to pursue my dream as a designer at SAIC.

Thank you
mynameisjohn 3 / 8  
Changes are in bold font.

fairies and princess or animals

Princess should be plural - princesses. Also, since you have three items you might want to rewrite the sentence - "fairies, princesses, and animals"

That was how art has come into my life.

To make this sentence proper you would need to change it to - "That is how art came into my life"

Instead of degree, using the word profession would sound better. In my opinion at least. Also, you need another t in interesting ;-)

A few little changes should be made to this section - "I believe that SAIC is the place that would best assist me in becoming an Interior Designer. After going through many reviews from SAIC students, it has shown me that SAIC is a well established art school with an outstanding reputation that has the characteristics that I am looking for. Furthermore, SAIC will be able to provide a solid foundation for my growth as a designer in the future."

In grade nine and ten, I took Visual Art class in my high school in Australia and casual art class in my home country during my 3 month holiday.

In grades nine and ten, I took avisual art class in my high school in Australia and a casual art class in my home country during my 3 month holiday.

Unfortunately, in grade eleven and twelve I was not able to continue for Art since the class was full and only a number of lucky students was selected. But that did not stop my love for art. Drawing and painting have always been my favourite relaxing activities during spare time besides shopping around and hanging out with friends.

Unfortunately, in grades eleven and twelve I was unable to continue takingart since the class was full and only a number of lucky students were selected. But that did not stop my love for art. Drawing and painting have always been my favourite relaxing activities during spare time. Delete the part about shopping and hanging out with friends. Focus only on art in your life.

It would be a great honour to have the opportunity to pursue my dream as a designer at SAIC.

With a few spelling corrections, word changes, and sentence alterations you have a very nice beginning of an essay. I would suggest that you add more evidence to support your passion for art as many young children enjoy creating art of any kind, and many people take art classes during their schooling even if they are not seriously thinking about making it a profession. Prove to SAIC that art means something more to you in your life than it would to the average person.

I hope this helps at least a little!
OP ccleeah 1 / 1  
thank you so much =)

Home / Undergraduate / Drawing and painting have been my only passion ; SAIC SOP - Interior Design