"Drawing portraits" JHU supplement:something about yourself or your interests

ljxlrdjxdr 2 / 7  
Please tell me about your opinion on this essay. It's okay to be harsh:)

Drawing portraits of family members, teachers, and my classmates is my daily routine. Yes, I do portray people as superman or spider man and create comics, just for fun. But I also draw more realistic portraits of people and keep their faces in my sketch book.

Since childhood, I have lived in three different cities. Having to change school frequently, I fear that my life would be beautiful fragments that make no sense when they are put together. Drawing people gives me a chance to patiently look back, and reflect on the time I spent with everyone. Familiar looks and expressions convince me that my life was not a waste in the past because I have loved people truly. Those faces, aged or young, foreign or native, hearten me to live deliberately and face changes courageously. I believe that it is not what I have done or where I went that make me myself, but the people I have met and loved that make my life unique.

Sometimes, I send their own portraits to my friends, to ensure that they remember me. As they have been a part of my existence, I want to leave a trace in theirs also. Memorizing my beloved people in one sketch book has taught me that as long as we still miss each other, our lives matter because of one another.
Yes, I do portray people as S uperman or Spiderman and create comics, just for fun.

Having to change schools frequently, I feared that my life would be beautiful fragments that make no sense when they were put together.

Familiar looks and expressions convince me that my life was not a waste in the past because I have loved people truly.---This is beautiful!

You are a wonderful writer and an intelligent and thoughtful person! Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / "Drawing portraits" JHU supplement:something about yourself or your interests