My dream career, FILMMAKING; FSU Essay / Global awarness characteristic

buzz123 1 / -  
Day by day the world is constantly changing. In our current era we often hear about the world getting worse whether it global warming, the United States' trembling economy, or poverty in developing countries. While leadership, learning, and service are phenomenal characteristics, I firmly believe that the characteristic of global awareness appeals most to me. There are many people that not aware of the 80% of humanity live in poverty. We, as humanity, need to be more aware of what goes on not only in our area but as well as other parts of the world.

My dream career is filmmaking; most filmmakers express their ideas and thoughts to an audience. As an aspiring filmmaker I want to create films that make the audience aware of what is happening in the world. With an audience that is globally aware, this will lead to learning about impoverished nations and areas, service to the have-nots, and leadership towards big issues.

Florida State University is one of the elitist universities in the southeast. With global awareness being my most appealing characteristic, I believe that I will have much to contribute to Florida State University. While attending this university I would like to join numerous clubs and organizations, as well as participating in outreach programs that will benefit and support surrounding communities.

Although I have not participated in many clubs throughout high school, because of unfortunate family situations, I have learned that society can make a difference in the world. Society has to have global awareness in order to make a difference in the world.

Any feedback is much appreciated
In our current era we often hear about the world getting worse whether it is global warming, the United States' trembling economy, or poverty in developing countries

.... I think you better touch more general aspects because you are talking about global situations.
In this current era, we often hear about the world conditions getting worse be it the weather, economies, social issues etc.

While leadership, learning, and service are phenomenal characteristics, I firmly believe that the characteristic of global awareness appeals most to me.

....phenomenal characteristics in what respect? Better specify!

most filmmakers express their ideas and thoughts to an audience.

... it is the duty of filmmakers to convey the messages, that are important to make our world a better place, to the audience so that the audience would conceive those thoughts and ideas.

Home / Undergraduate / My dream career, FILMMAKING; FSU Essay / Global awarness characteristic