"I Dreamed a Dream" scene - inspiration board Vassar

melissae 5 / 11  
Any feedback would be great! if anyone has a suggestion for a better word than reappearing that would be appropriated!

How did you learn about Vassar and what aspect of our college do you find appealing? Limit 350 words

While watching Les Misérables, Anne Hathaway's "I Dreamed a Dream" scene came on. Her ability to deliver such an emotional scene prompted me to learn more about her. It being the summer prior to my senior year, looking for colleges was heavily influencing my thoughts, so I let that be my first source of investigation. I looked up what school Anne Hathaway attended. English at Vassar was displayed under a picture of her. Vassar, the word stuck out like a familiar face you see but can not seem to place. I went to bed that night and turned to look at my inspiration board, a place full of people, sayings and art that I draw inspiration from. My eyes focused on a picture in the top left corner, Meryl Streep, it all clicked. I was back to researching this (reappearing) school. I found myself watching a YouTube video titled What is a "must take" class at Vassar. I was intrigued by the breadth of classes offered at Vassar with so many options I hope to one day take "Because Dave Chappelle Said So" or Imprisonment in the Prisoner. Vassar having no core curriculum will give me the freedom to be an independent student. I have always had diverse interests and Vassar is a place where they can all be explored. The appreciation for the arts at Vassar coincides with my passions. I envision myself exploring the vast amount of artwork at The Frances Lehman Art Center and involving myself in the diverse clubs such as the Vassar filmmakers club and Vassar Prison Initiative. I am interested to see how the transformative college experience at Vassar will be reflected in the new inspiration board that will be hanging by my bedside in the future.
cvega 2 / 6  
Vassar is definitely an excellent school. I feel like you need to express more enthusiasm in attending this school perhaps? I think stronger connotation and better word choice would help.

Home / Undergraduate / "I Dreamed a Dream" scene - inspiration board Vassar