Dreams and Ambition - TOPIC C APPLY TEXAS

fizzadavwa 1 / -  
Considering your lifetime goals, discuss how your current and future academic and extra-curricular activities might help you achieve your goals.
Please edit, revise, and give feedback! I'd really appreciate it! I'm just trying to go to college.

Dreams and Ambition

For as long as I can remember, my mom always told me I could be anything and everything I wanted to be. She told me that when I grew up, the most important thing I could do was to give it my all; to never give up. During the time, I had my mind set on being an astronaut. It had always been my father's dream, and as the daddy's little girl I was, I made it my mission to complete the dream my dad never could. As I've grown older, the paths and careers introduced to me have consumed me. I want to explore all journeys and all pathways, but one ambition really stands out of them all.

No matter what position one holds in society, whether it may be a doctor, politician, or a lawyer, they have progressed to where they are today because of what a teacher has taught them. To me, teaching has to be the absolute greatest feeling in the world. Seeing the smile of innocent souls consumed with love is incredible. I began seeing teaching as a career my freshman year in high school. One of my teachers had called me the summer before my 9th grade and gave me information about a new program that was beginning during the upcoming school year called Early Childhood Development Center. There I would be implementing curriculum to children participating in the development of language skills at an early age. The system was categorized by age, and each week the four classes would alternate between Discovery, Technology, Spanish, and Creative Movements. I can honestly say that my first day there was terrifying. I had been around children before, but these kids were young. Way too young. I was only hoping I'd get the Advanced class (age 6). Turns out, I got the beginners class, who were three years old and weren't used to being away from their parents. The classroom was full of children crying, and sobbing for their family. At that moment, the amount of regret I felt for joining was unimaginable. As the weeks went on, the crying reduced and before I knew it, I was attached to my kids. Instead of dreading ECDC, as I did the first few weeks, I began looking forward to it. As crazy as it sounds, it became my sanctuary. Pretty soon, Spanish became my area of expertise. By my third year, I was named facilitator of the Spanish curriculum. As years went on, I began to love teaching more and more. I am currently running on my fourth year of ECDC, and I can say from the bottom of my heart that I love it. After my years of experience in ECDC, I became an official teacher at the Muslim Religious Education Center (REC). I was given a classroom with supplies and a room full of first graders who would call me Ms. Fizza. Teaching has been my passion for the past four years and I plan on taking teaching to a further level than where I am at right now.

Throughout high school, the activities I have been involved in taught me significant life skills that I will use for the rest of my life. It's been a great learning experience and I've learned vast amounts of knowledge from my peers and everyday life. . The lessons I've learned through my journey of teaching will help me be successful and prosperous in the future.
moow77 2 / 4 1  
Hi fizzadavwa :
Congratulating being a wonderful teacher, here's my little modification for one of sentences in your article.
--> I began seeingregarding teaching as a career my freshman year in high school.

Besides, "consumed with" in following sentence is weird to me.
--> Seeing the smile of innocent souls consumed with love is incredible.
Your essay beats around the bush too much without really addressing the topic prompt. You have chosen to write an essay that depicts only your memories of education in the school system is. The essay is asking you to discuss your current academic and out of school activities that are relevant to your desire to become a teacher, you have not addressed that. You need to show the admissions officer the reasons that you believe you will become a good teacher in the future. That is done through the early training and development towards that career that you get through your academic and extra curricular activities. A sample of the extra curricular activity would be tutoring classmates or friends after school, joining a club or organization that volunteers their time to teaching the children of the underprivileged community, and the like. You should revise the essay to reflect such activities in order to meet the prompt requirements. You already presented a portion of this, a glimpse into your academic and extra curricular activities at the end of your essay. You need to build up those parts and revise the beginning.

Home / Undergraduate / Dreams and Ambition - TOPIC C APPLY TEXAS