Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'Dreams can come true' - The Fashion Institute of Design

medelesteph 1 / -  
Rachel Zoe once said, " Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak". I fully agree with Rachel Zoe because this is what fashion is all about. We are able to use fashion to express who we are inside. Fashion is more than clothes of material; it's a way of living. It's about that dress that makes you stand a little bit taller because you feel confident in it. It's about those Steve Maden pumps that make you smile every time. It's about how fashion expresses our feelings. My goal is to pursue my passion to be a successful businesswoman. I believe the Fashion institute of design management (FIDM) has the appropriate connections and skills to help me achieve my goal.

The Fashion Institute of Design Management requires committed students with dedication to be able to be successful. The students need to love their work and do it with passion. I truly love fashion and what fashion can do for me. I am a true dedicated worker, I never give up, and I love a good challenge. FIDM balances creativity and business perfectly and that's what I love. FIDM offers a wide range of courses that help build skill for your future career path, and the employees at FIDM are people who are helpful. FIDM offers everything that I ever wanted in a college, that why FIDM is best for me.

When discussing with Arti, an admission advisor, she helped me find a suitable major that was not only appealing but exactly what I was looking for. Merchandise Marketing helps me gain knowledge about the business side of fashion. It provides the leadership skills and professionalism that I was looking for. Future careers such as styling, buyer, or management are all future options to choose from my major. Upon admission I can't wait to learn more about how to be the next Rachel Zoe, talk about dream come true!

I love to research upcoming trends online by watching runways or looking at online stores. My Favorite is to walk around the mall or little boutiques and see the styles that are out. I like to put outfits together and see what works even if I don't buy it. My friends think it's a waste of time but I enjoy it. I love it when they call me up to help them find a new outfit for a dinner party or when they just need help shopping. Knowing that I can research fashion for my career excites me. To pursue fashion as my career is my dream, and I determined the FIDM can help me achieve my dream.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Dreams can come true' - The Fashion Institute of Design