"dreamt of becoming a nurse" - School Program Admission

sbeauhar 1 / 1  
Instructions:
(1) yourself and your outlook on education;
(2) your plan for successfully completing this nursing program within the required time;
(3) things you have accomplished that have given you the greatest satisfaction;
(4) your reasons for selecting nursing as a career;
(5) any special reasons for desiring to enter this school; and
(6) your plans and aspirations after graduation.

As a small child, I've always dreamt of one day becoming a nurse. I remember I would imagine myself wearing the white uniform, and being able to care and heal for sick or injured patients. To me a nurse was not just a person in a uniform, but an individual that could make a difference in another person's life. Imagine you woke with an excruciating sore throat and you decided to go the see a doctor. However, before you are seen by a doctor, you would probably be seen by a nurse first. To me nurses play a huge role in the medical field because often they are the first health-care professional a patient sees. Becoming a nurse is my dream profession. It is profession that allows me to work hands on and express genuine affections towards those that are in need of medical attention.

Growing up, I had my mother to look up to. She plays an important part of my decision to pursue nursing as a profession. She has taught me to be who I am today, a well-respected young lady, who strives for practical and do able goals, work for excellence academically and professionally. I was raised to be humbled, peaceful, strong, and tolerant. And to understand different cultures, beliefs, ethics, and attitudes, to endow others with respect, as well with, a loving heart and an open mind. Nursing is the perfect profession for me because it includes all of my strong points and it offers challenges that I would enjoy seeking and accomplishing.

Nursing is a career choice that I am passionate about because I am able to touch the lives of those who are suffering and embrace them with compassion. Also, nursing is well respected profession, and for me it is my way of a successful future. It is a career path into establishing a stable financial brace for my descendants.

Continuing and completing my education is the most important focused asset in this point of my life. It is a continuous learning process that I embark on each day, in search of a successful career. Given the rigorous of the nursing program, I plan to ensure success by devoting long hours of studying, joining study groups, mentally and physically preparing, and staying organized. My plans and aspirations after graduation are to pursue a career working alongside many physicians and other registered nurses as a RN. Then, continue on with my education to receive a Master's degree.

My greatest accomplishments that have received satisfaction from are through volunteering. Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer. I have given back to the community through various organizations such as Hands on Miami, local Hospitals, and demonstrated leadership through my church youth group, the Youth Association of Miami. A few years ago, I began volunteering at local hospitals because it is a great way to care for those who are unable to care for themselves. Since my career goal is to become a nurse; I found that volunteering in hospitals has helped me gain not only experience in the medical field, but it has also taught me the importance of helping others. I was able to provide care, emotional trust, and some friendship to the patients. The experience that I obtained made me more eager than ever to becoming the best nurse I could possibly be. Nurses are there to provide comfort make a difference in so many lives. As a volunteer, I was able to see and learn firsthand what it's like to work as a nurse.

I chose Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University to obtain my Bachelors of Science in Nursing because the great value of education given. Also, it is a great program available for upcoming nurses, and is there to help endure and enhance each student intellectual knowledge and skills.
That intro makes it sound like you are still a small child. I'll fix it this way:

As a small child, I always dreamt of one day becoming a nurse.

I remember I would imagine myself wearing the white uniform (no comma necessary) and being able to care and heal sick or injured patients.

I challenge you to remove at least 2 sentences that repeat the idea of nursing being a way to touch others' lives, etc. You only need to say that once, because it is obvious and not very interesting. What is interesting is YOUR philosophy of nursing, what you have been reading? Jean Watson? Porters 5 Forces? Google "nursing theories" and see which is your favorite. Discuss nursing theory, and mention a recent article in a professional nursing journal.

Okay, this whole thing is excellent, and I think the enthusiasm and sincerity are really impressive. I just think you should read a few great articles about nursing and cite them.

:-)
OP sbeauhar 1 / 1  
Awsome thank you, & I'll check on some nursing theories.

Thanks for the advice.

Home / Undergraduate / "dreamt of becoming a nurse" - School Program Admission