'all drugs come with side effects' - Issue of importance; feel free to critique any mistakes.

mahamansoor 1 / 6  

drugs have side effects

From the homely aspirin to the most sophisticated prescription medicine on the market, all drugs come with side effects. Many are minor, some are just an inconvenience, a few are serious, and some are just plain strange. Perhaps the most common set of side effects for drugs taken internally involves the gastrointestinal system. Nearly any drug can cause nausea or an upset stomach, though it may only happen to a handful of users. For drugs used externally, skin irritation is a common complaint. It has come to my attention that our nation and nations like ours, have long been plagued by a mysterious occurrence, an occurrence that is as perplexing as it is frustrating, and as baffling as it is widespread, a problem that finds its origins at the very foot of our society. The problem of which I speak is none other than "drugs and their side effects"

In busy world, nearly every single person takes some sort of medication. These medications help in functioning but at the same time causes several side effects. In order to control these side effects, doctors prescribed another medication to help minimize last drug side effects. This seems like we are dependent on the use of medications and drugs are all around ourselves. One of the person in many different drug users is my dad. He takes four kinds of different medication each day. I ask him that do he feels overloaded of medications and he answered now taking drugs is his habit. I never find myself opposed to the use of medication till when I read one of dad's drug named Prednisone side effects. It was full front and back page with different types of side effects written. This takes me to check another prescription side effects and gradually I found the same list of side effects. Most common drug side effects include nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, mood changes, weakness of immune system and etc. These drugs not only waken the immune system but also makes body habitual of their usage. America seemed to be one of the highest usage of medications country.

First and foremost, the step to take in order to resist the habit of drug usage is by eating vegetables and healthy fruits. Vegetables and healthy fruits build strong bones and maintain immune system. Also peacefulness and comfortability helps to keep the person fresh and active. Drug usage can also be minimized by checking regularly to doctor and doing blood tests. Exercise plays a crucial role in maintaining body fit and active. Moreover, diseases can be minimized by not taking lots of calories such as Jung food and sodas.

Besides addiction, prescription drug abuse can bring on a host of health problems, such as irregular heartbeats, seizures, hostility, and paranoia -- even infections with HIV or other agents if someone dissolves and injects pills to get a quick high. Overdoses can be fatal. To combat the potential for abuse, some drug companies have marketed newer, timed-release versions that are harder to misuse.

It's important to remember that most people can reap benefits from prescription drugs without problems. But a minority will run into trouble. "Using these substances outside of a doctor's prescription is already a red flag and a warning," Compton says

The ultimate truth besides me about drugs is that all drugs have side effects, and that regular usage can lead to a dependency. If one can be addicted to a task like finding contractor leads or reading through the dentist directory - mundane, but are nonetheless true and documented addictions - how much more can one stay away from drugs which are taken into one's system? Drugs have many disadvantages and we should all be wary with every use.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Maha, welcome to EssayForum :) This is the right place to get feedback or corrections about your essay. I am sure that you will learn something by considering the feedback given. Thus, the detailed descriptions below are my contributions towards your essay. I hope you will find it helpful for your future writing reference.

1st paragraph:
- ...our nation and nations like ours have long been plagued... (comma is unnecessary)
- ...as baffling as it is widespread. This is a problem that finds... (to avoid confusion, it is suggested to separate this sentence)

2nd paragraph:
- These medications help in functioning but at the same time... (functioning what? this sentence needs a proper object)
- This seems like wepeople are dependent on the use of medications... (if this is an academic essay, avoid using personal pronoun(s))
- One of the personSinamong many different drug users is my dad.
- I ask him that whether do he feels overloaded of medications or not , and he answered that now taking drugs is his habit.
- I had never findfound myself opposed to the use of medication tilluntil when I read one of dad's drugS named.. (till = informal)

- This takes me to check another prescription side effect or other prescription side effects(choose one of them)
- These drugs are not only waken the immune system but also makesmake body habitual ofget used to their usage.
- ...one of the highest usageS of medications...

As you can see, I hope those remarks would be helpful for you or other members in proofreading this essay, especially for the last three paragraphs. I hope you can follow through. Good luck in revising this essay :)
Hi Maha, I would like to help you out in your essay starting with the way it is written. First of all, the essay is written with the right idea, however, the way you expressed yourself in the essay is not as understandable as how you picture the ideas you want to impart to your readers. What I'm trying to say is that, you have the idea in your head but it didn't transpire in your essay.

To elaborate my claim, please find the below corrections;

- The ultimate truth besides me about drugs
- is that, ( don't forget your punctuation marks )
- all drugs have side effects,( the word and is not to be followed by a comma ) and that
- should all be warycautious with every use.

There you have it Maha, I hope the above corrections are helpful as well as useful in your revision. Also, I wish I was able to show you what I mean by your ideas being transpired in your essay, this is a very crucial part of the essay, hence, it should taken in consideration properly. Do let us know if you need further assistance.
Hiddengrace 6 / 118 68  
Hi Maha,

I would definitely agree with Ivy regarding the fact that I'm not sure what the purpose of your essay is or what the ideas are you are trying to communicate. It seems very scattered. First you talk about side effects, then dependency, then you talk about resisting drug usage by eating right, exercising, etc... then you talk about side effects again along with dependency. So maybe outlining your points first so they flow from one point to another instead of going back and forth might be something you can try.

I also want to say that I'm not sure what your assignment is or what the point is you are trying to make, but I just want to say that it seems like you are overlooking the fact that medication can be necessary and life saving for many people (myself included).
Sunrise011 7 / 14 7  
Dear Maha,
Paragraph 1: * Many are minor --> ...trivial ("minor" is usually used before a noun / e.g. Minor drugs)
* ..., and some are just plain strange --> and other types of drugs are plain obscure (Don't put a comma before an "and" / Avoid using "just" or "justly" in academic writing)

* I suppose that the 1st paragraph is the introduction of your essay. Well, it seemed like you got caught up in talking about drug types and their side effects in an accurate way, which should be avoided in the introduction. Hence, the introduction should be short, precise and mysterious in order to induce the reader to keep on reading.

Paragraph 2: * One of the person in many different drug users is my dad --> One of the many drug users is my dad.
* These drugs not only waken the immune system but also makes body habitual of their usage --> These drugs not only weaken the immune system but also make their usage a body habit.

* When arguing, you need to make sure that you organize your arguments between presenting the thesis, explaining it and giving examples. However, the argument presented was wholly about your father and his story with drugs. Thus, you should have put a greater emphasis on explaining the thesis. Regarding your example, I want give a tip; try to not use examples which are related to your personal life. I advise to use examples that are most likely to be common knowledge like official statistics, researches' results ...etc, in order to be more convincing.

Paragraph 3: * diseases can be minimized by not taking lots of calories such as Jung food and sodas --> ... avoiding to ingest high-calorie foodstuffs ... junk ...

* Your essay, as a whole, contained acceptable language. It's definitely a good effort, yet there's room for improvement. Besides the grammatical, spelling and vocabulary mishaps, you had the right ideas but you didn't quite avail thembecause you didn't have an appropriate outline. Therefore, you should consider putting the main ideas you'll be talking about in order in you scratch paper before you start working on your essay.

Thank you.
OP mahamansoor 1 / 6  
THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLYING. I DID SOME CHANGES. FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE. I NEED EVERY BODY HELP IN WRITING MY ESSAY

Choose an issue of importance to you-the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope-and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

It has come to my attention that our nation and nations like ours, have long been plagued by a mysterious occurrence, an occurrence that is as perplexing as it is frustrating, and as baffling as it is widespread, a problem that finds its origins at the very foot of our society. The problem of which I speak is none other than "drugs and their side effects"

In busy world, nearly every single person takes [...]
OP mahamansoor 1 / 6  

In busy world, nearly every single person [...]
OP mahamansoor 1 / 6  
Prescribed drugs have certain effects and side effects. Their benefits are uncountable but no one seemed to be ever hidden by their side effects. After researching on several aspects, it has come to my attention that our nation and nations like ours, have long been plagued by a mysterious occurrence, an occurrence that is as perplexing as it is frustrating, and as baffling as it is widespread, a problem that finds its origins at the very foot of our society. The problem of which I speak is none other than "drugs and their side effects".

In busy world, nearly every single person takes some sort of medication. These medications help in functioning various systems of the body but at the same time cause several side effects. In order to control these side effects, doctors prescribed different prescription to help minimize previous medication side effects. This seems like people are dependent on the use of medications and drugs are all around ourselves. One of the critical issues regarding medications arose from my dad's prescriptions. He takes four kinds of different medication each day. I ask him that he feels exaggerated of taking medications or not? In response to which he replied, now taking drugs has become his habit. In other words, he got addicted of those drugs and can't skip even for a single day. Sudden hormonal changes in my dad's condition urges me to read about one of his drug named Prednisone side effects. The prescription was full front and back page with different types of side effects written. Some of them were Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart burn, trouble sleeping, increased sweating, muscle cramps and etc. This takes me to check another prescription side effects and gradually I found the same long uncountable list of side effects. Some of the side effects found in both drugs include nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, mood changes, weakness of immune system and etc. These drugs are not only playing crucial role in weakening the immune system but also progressing drug addiction. In response to weakening of bones, doctor has prescribed my dad another medication Vitamin D to protect from Osteoporosis and make bones healthy. These types of prescriptions are considered as heavy drugs for human body and solution to their side effects is questionable.

Keeping in mind that we used medicines for small illness to major treatment and handling critical surgeries. These prescriptions are part of our everyday lives. The purpose of medications cannot be neglected for the rest of the world. However, usage of these strong drugs can be controlled if treated properly. For example, in order to reduce side effects of prednisone such as weakening of immune system, my dad used to inject annual anti flu shots. Another illustration would be Prednisone which cause diabetes, and in order to get safe from it, he uses blood sugar control supplements.

It's important to remember that most people can reap benefits from prescription drugs without problems. But a minority will run into trouble. "Using these substances outside of a doctor's prescription is already a red flag and a warning," Compton says. The ultimate truth is that, all drugs have side effects, and that regular usage can lead to a dependency. Drugs have many disadvantages and we should all be cautious with their usage. However, just by applying some small changes in our life styles we can save a tremendous amount of community from drug side effects.

Home / Undergraduate / 'all drugs come with side effects' - Issue of importance; feel free to critique any mistakes.