DVD collection of music videos - Pomona Supplement

fiyero49 3 / 5  
Prompt: Although it may appear to the contrary, we do know that people have a life beyond what they do to get into college. Tell us about an experience you've had outside of your formal classroom and extracurricular activities that was just plain fun and why.

The new webcam my parents had given me as a surprise present did not go to waste. In fact, it was put to perfect use once my best friend Miles and I discovered during a sleepover the myriad selections of video effects that could be utilized. At first, our distractions were limited to taking pictures of ourselves with digitally-rendered crowns, Mardi Gras masks, and hats. Once we noticed the Fun Filters, though, I made the comment "These look like the effects in music videos!" and our night embarked on a path towards the more embarrassing.

A few hours later we had completed the filming of upwards of 20 music videos, complete with improvisational choreography, amateurish lip-syncing, and two hyped up teenage boys definitely breaking a sweat. The disco number "One Night Only" from Dreamgirls featured copious amounts of finger-pointing and a vaguely recognizable form of the running man ï of course, accented by overly soulful facial expressions ï and was made strangely reminiscent of a nightclub by the blacklight/neon Fun Filter. A clichï use of the fake rose we found in a vase behind a hutch in my living room was showcased with High School Musical's flamenco-esque tune "Bop to the Top". How my dad stayed asleep while we recorded such works of greatness I will never know.

Rocking out until the early morning to contemporary staples such as Weird Al Yankovic's "Polkarama!" was not how I had envisioned my teenage years. Nothing about the situation, not even my oversized Mickey Mouse shirt artfully paired with "Ho Ho Ho" pants or Miles' Spongebob Squarepants pajama set, seemed at all "cool." Yet with no inhibitions, only a best friend since preschool and a cheap webcam with Fun Filters, I felt more at peace and myself than I ever do trying to keep up appearances. As a result, I've somewhat given up trying to hold a certain appearance in favor of being my own self, a person who is unsurprisingly much more well-liked and happy than the me who suppressed himself within a cultural mold for normality's sake. The DVD collection of these music videos will live on in a shoebox in my closet, safe from harm (or any wandering eyes). However, the copies we distributed to our parents might live on in DVD players to be enjoyed every so often, and to remind ourselves that there is great value in letting the walls down and losing yourself in laughs with friends.

Please please please read with feedback in the next few minutes!
karissa_a16 4 / 94  
the myriad selections of video effects

The disco number "One Night Only" from Dreamgirls featured copious amounts of finger-pointing and a vaguely recognizable form of the running man - of course, accented by overly soulful facial expressions - and was made strangely reminiscent of a nightclub by the blacklight/neon Fun Filter. Run on.

Yet with no inhibitions and only a best friend since preschool and a cheap webcam with Fun Filters, I felt more at peace with myself than I ever did trying to keep up appearances.

As a result, I've somewhat given up trying to hold a certain appearance in favor of being my own self, a person who is unsurprisingly much more well-liked and happy than the me who suppressed himself within a cultural mold for normality's sake. The DVD collection of these music videos will live on in a shoebox in my closet, safe from harm (or any wandering eyes). Awkward sentences

on in DVD players to be enjoyed every so often, reminding me that there is great value in letting the walls down and losing yourself in laughs with friends.

overall, I like it. It sounded like a very fun experience! Please read my NYU on if you can.
OP fiyero49 3 / 5  
Made those changes, and submitted! Wooooooo. Ugh I need to stop procrastinating... Just wrote this in the past 1.5hrs. And I'm doing ED! Thanks for the fixes. Will look at yours now.

Home / Undergraduate / DVD collection of music videos - Pomona Supplement