I am always eager to take on new challenges-UC application

alebu 1 / -  
Prompt: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

If I fail of success in this new field, what should I do next? Starting something new always takes a lot of worry and fear. However, I believe that the only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. Therefore, I am always eager to take on new challenges even though I fail at them and feel frustrated. I have experienced big setback and failure three times so far in my life. In spite of these experiences, I have never given up and I keep trying it again and again under very harsh circumstances and opinions of others, for those voices.

When I majored in rhythmic gymnastics, I got hurt on my backbone seriously enough that I could never be available to go back to that field again. At that time, I was a six grader and in just few months to start the art junior high school where I put all my passion and efforts to enter practicing over 10 hours a day for four years without holiday. The pain compelled me to quit majoring in it and to go a regular junior high school. I could never put into words how frustrated I felt about this. One year later, I overcame that setback and found new one, shooting, which was totally different with the gymnastics, to specialize and I worked on that for another three years. If I said these were in same field, sport, so shooting was easy to learn for me, it would be a patent lie. I invariably needed to put all my sweat and effort on doing the new one firing over 100 shots a day. However, I faced the harsh reality of my life again. It was just that the injury on my back I got several years ago caught up with me. Finally, I received the diagnosis that I can never go back to sport permanently. Several years later, I ended up my wandering and I decided to go abroad to start new field, studying, which I have never done. Of course, it was not easy to decide to me because of the opinions of others; for example, the one of them I heard is that I tried to run away from the harsh circumstances to the USA because I had not done anything good in Korea, except failing. As I said it was not an easy decision, I settled down here all by myself and entered the college within 4 months which was not long enough to learn English to me who did not know English at all, except the alphabet. I kept moving forward and working on studying with all my best nonstop until I faced the harsh reality again in 2009. I relapsed into the hypothyroidism -- a condition characterized by abnormally low thyroid hormone production -- which I suffered before. In spite of the relapse, I tried to stick with my school work; however, I finally got depression due to the hypothyroidism and needed to get treatment. Therefore, I had to go back to Korea to receive treatment in the middle of 2008 fall semester. At that time, most people included my parents in Korea expected that I did not or could not go back to the USA, but I overcame the disease and came back to my work. Of course, I felt frustration as well; however, none of these, depression or hypothyroidism, stopped me from working on my decision.

These three setbacks changed me a lot in good way. Each time I failed, I made up my mind to wire in my next goal more than I did before. After these experiences, nothing can block my way toward my goal anymore. I will move toward to achieve my dream with all my passion and never miss it again.
If I fail of to find success in this new field, what should I do next?

Starting something new always takes causes a lot of worry and fear.

When I majored in rhythmic gymnastics, I got hurt on my backbone seriously enough that I could never be available to go back to that field again. At that time, I was a sixth grader, and in just

...within 4 four months, which was not long

I will move toward work to achieve my dream with all my passion and never miss it again.

Awesome ending!! You have a great writing style... I can't believe you only learned English in the past few years! You are very smart...

Home / Undergraduate / I am always eager to take on new challenges-UC application