"Eating Dishtowel Tacos" - Emerson Short Answer

playsthething 1 / -  
Hi! Emerson is my first choice and I would REALLY love to write a good one for this because creativity is incredibly important to this arts school. Any feedback would be great! The prompt is: If you were to write a story for your life until now, what would you title it? Why?

Eating Dishtowel Tacos under Burlap Trees: I'm a Girl Who Believes in Magic

He was cumbersome, forgetful, perpetually scouring for food, but most importantly he was a bear, of the 'pooh' variety, named Winnie, and we shared a romance of epic proportions. Elizabeth Barrett Browning may scoff in her grave, but as a saucer-eyed newborn, I was indeed very young and very much in love with the bumbling bear behind the silver screen. He led me through the door of make-believe, introducing me to my imagination for the first time, and whisking me off to the Hundred Acre Wood, only a VCR button away. This make-believe would manifest into years of dress-up games, invisible tea parties, and even evolve to define my activities as a young adult. Pursuing a life in theatre, I have written and directed my own fairytale, salivated over terrycloth tacos and formaldehyde-laced tater tots, and even, as a 5' 8'' female, donned a beard to play a King of Dwarves, all the while employing my most prized possession: imagination. The ability to make an audience believe in something, just for a moment, is the real magic, and it is far more powerful than any Patronus Charm.
ukkuma 3 / 40  
Hi, I don't see any grammatical errors anymore, since the person before me kindly corrected them.
Just wanted to say that I really like it. I find it very personal and creative. Great work!

Home / Undergraduate / "Eating Dishtowel Tacos" - Emerson Short Answer