Eating Guinea Pigs-Penn Optional

arianna_muv 8 / 15  
heres my penn optional :)
150 words): introduce yourself to Penn. Our aim is to better understand how your identity, talents, and background guide your day-to-day experiences.
My classmates stared with incriminating disgust. "You've eaten Guinea pig?!?" I nodded. "And frog, snail, buffalo, and rabbit." Now I'd caught my teacher's attention; her face had disfigured, radiating utter repulsion. Accustomed to this reaction, I smiled nonchalantly. Guinea Pig is considered the "prime rib" of Peru, an utmost delicacy. Peru has an infinite supply of exotic foods, so why Guinea pig? Because Peruvians, like me, know that it's what lies beneath the surface that counts. At first sight, these "pigs" are just pet rats. However, inside these rodents lies a tender, savory meat that can be compared to no other. This eating habit, and other unique facets of my culture, has taught me to venture upon every unexplored option- no matter how unfathomable it may seem, or how much it deviates from what society considers "normality," because a delicacy of life may be lurking anywhere, waiting to be discovered.

..
jkhalifeh93 2 / 17 4  
Great essay, however I can't help but notice that the end of your paragraph is a bit impersonal("robot speech" as i like to call it)

Otherwise, it's an excellent paragraph, and it shows that you're open to new experiences and ideas...
Dont forget to help out with my essay
This is excellent writing. I hope the AO reader is not a guinea pig lover who will feel prejudiced against you! Even in that case, though, thje eloquence of the writing and the interestingness of the topic are undeniable.

I don't have any negative feedback; you definitely have a talent for writing. And I like what you said at the end about open-mindedness that can lead to appreciation. Can you add a sentence at the end that tells what this insight about appreciation has to do with the program of study you have chosen? It's always good to keep reminding the reader of your focus on achieving particular goals by completing the program into which you're trying to get accepted. :-)

Great job!

Home / Undergraduate / Eating Guinea Pigs-Penn Optional