"eating pizza" - What is something that has a special meaning to you and why?

pintianz 7 / 15  
One circular piece of dough, covered in dairies and tomato sauces, heated in the oven for around fifteen minute and ready to be consumed. Eating pizza is something that has a special meaning to me.

Back in my second grade year, my parents and I decide to celebrate my seventh birthday by eating in one of the few Pizza Huts in Beijing. About ten minute after my parents made the order, the waitress carefully laid the pizza on our table. Gazing closely at this piece of western food, the strong smell of molten cheese, which was completely new and unknown to me, made me back off from the table and wonder why would anyone eat something that possess such a strange odor. I turned to my mom and told her that I don't want to try the pizza because it smells weird. But my mom turned to me and replied: "I know sometimes it feels strange to trying something that's completely unfamiliar, but if you give it a chance, it might turn out better than what you expected. So, I decide to give the pizza a try and, surprisingly, it turned out to be one of the best cuisines that I have ever tasted and immediately became one of my favorite foods.

Some people might think it's strange that I regard eating pizza to be something so special, but to me, eating pizza expresses my desire of always trying something new in this world, because after all, you never know what might happen.

I believe that this essay represent me well because it illustrate my belief of always try something new, which not only let me keep an open mind but also helped me obtain a new perceptions of the world.

Please feel free to comment and point out any grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors as well as content that you feel could be imporved. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated! Thanks
julie20 1 / 1  
This essay is awesome! Great job just check on your subject verb agreement ex: About ten *mintues but other then that its awesome!
OP pintianz 7 / 15  
Thank you for your advice!
It looks like Juli is saying ten minutes is sufficient, and fifteen is too much! But I think she means you need to add the s:

for around fifteen minutes and ready to be consumed. Eating pizza is something that has a special meaning to me.

Oh, ha ha, now I see the "ten" Juli was talking about: About ten minutes after my parents made the order, the waitress carefully laid the pizza on our table.

...why would anyone eat something that possess such a strange odor. ------nice! How interesting! ha hahahaha, I love it. Very good.

I turned to my mom and told her that I don't want to try the pizza because it smells weird.

...because after all, you never know what might happen.----very good, now can you say something about how this philosophy affects your career decisions?
lizzzard 2 / 3  
This essay is something so unique and different from others that I feel it could really stick out in someone's head. I was just going to suggest some grammatical/spelling issues but the person above me took care of it! I also like how you concluded your essay, it tied everything together well.
alswn95 11 / 28  
I love how you used a simple experience that turned out to be really deep.

Back in my second grade year,

Just change this to...

back when I was in grade two,

Home / Undergraduate / "eating pizza" - What is something that has a special meaning to you and why?