'Economics and International Business as my professional goal' Northwestern-Why Us?

GFJenny 1 / 1  
Northwestern Statement
What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

With a career in Economics and International Business as my professional goal, I realize the necessity of obtaining the difficult theoretical and practical knowledge to reach that goal. Northwestern University, Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences would not only provide me with the essential education, but vast opportunities to continue my studies and conduct research in the field of Economics. I plan on taking advantage of the numerous study abroad opportunities specific to the field of Economics and International Money. By studying in the United Kingdom, I will gain a better understanding of international finances and how social policy plays a large role in Economics. I wish to be a part of this global learning atmosphere that will propel me forward to success in my endeavors.

One of the top reasons I wish to attend Northwestern University is because I will obtain a solid, well-rounded education. I love learning for the sake of having knowledge and the tools necessary to think through any predicament. The student-faculty ratio of 7:1 and small sized classes are great advantages when taking a rigorous course load. Most Big Ten schools have very large lecture halls filled with 60+ students for all the general education classes, but Northwestern is different. I admire the school has 75 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students, plus it has discussion groups for those few large-sized classes. It is very important to me to attend a university that will give me individualized attention and classes taught by professors, not teachers' assistants or graduate students. Northwestern professors are world renowned in all subjects and care about the students they are teaching.

Additionally, Northwestern University's academics are among the finest in the nation, and as a motivated student who appreciates the challenge of a rigorous curriculum in high school, I would love to immerse myself in more challenges in my college years. The quarter system implemented allows flexibility when selecting courses. Even though the courses are a quick ten weeks, I would only take three to four courses a quarter, leaving more time to focus on each class. Plus, there are more opportunities to take classes outside my major since the typical semester schedule allows for only ten courses a year, whereas the quarter schedule allows twelve.

Furthermore, Northwestern offers unique opportunities in the field of Economics and Finance. As an undergraduate, I will be able to take classes at the Kellogg School of Management where I will receive graduate-level material in business analytics and finance. It is here that I will gain critical thinking skills that are valuable in any line of work that I pursue. The Certificate in Financial Economics offers exactly what I need in order to be successful after college; I will take classes in the Principal of Finance, Investments, Derivative, and other topics in Financial Economics.

In addition to balanced, yet rigorous, class work at Northwestern, I will be able to participate in Economic research and internships. The numerous research opportunities available to undergraduates are what set this college apart from all the others. I would love to research International Business and Marketing Programs since International Economics has always interested me. Additionally, the prospective internships are unbelievable. Because Northwestern is located only thirty minutes from Chicago, the college career center has many resources for undergraduates in all fields of study. The University Career Services is outstanding at placing students and graduates in internships and jobs locally or internationally.

Northwestern offers everything I am looking for in a University: small student-faculty ratio, urban setting, study abroad opportunities, and a disciplined course load. I love the intimate classroom setting of a small school, but Big Ten feel in athletics and club involvement. The world renowned research and education facilities will not only help me find a job after graduation, but will prepare me to work in the professional world. The programs offered by the university and the unique environment make me feel certain wearing purple and being a Wildcat would be an experience that I would carry with me.

Thank you for your help in advance. I am worried if I covered the how I hope to take advantage of the opportunities part.
Dii 6 / 24  
Your wirting covers the part of the question your worried about.But I think it needs a little revising fro example.
''but vast opportunities to continue my studies and conduct research in the field of Economics'' and ''that will propel me forward to success in my endeavors. " kind of say the same thing.

Revise line 7

Home / Undergraduate / 'Economics and International Business as my professional goal' Northwestern-Why Us?