Economics, international diplomacy & Language/ Engaging Academically @ Penn(Wharton)

mayfl0wer 6 / 48  
With a passion for economics, international diplomacy, and language, I see no limits to the academic opportunities available to me at the University of Pennsylvania. The immense scope of courses available at Wharton investigates every crevice of business, and the university's multi-faceted curriculum allows me to explore my diverse academic interests. As an immigrant, I am drawn to international economics, specifically the rapid economic expansion in China. I hope to conduct research, for example, to examine the effects of China's one-child policy on the growing middle class. Valuable facilities such as the Penn Institute for Economic Research will accommodate and foster these aspirations.

In addition, at Wharton, I hope to become actively involved with the Penn International Business Volunteers (PIBV). Pairing my passion in global issues with my education at Wharton, I can utilize my business background to aid various development initiatives and NGOs around the world. Later in my undergraduate years, I hope to apply the event planning skills that I have developed as a Student Trustee and assist in organizing PIVB conferences and social events to educate the rest of the Wharton student body about how they can use their education to assist in international aid.

Last, I am particularly interested in Wharton's Study Abroad programs to Lyons, France due to the program's immersive French environment and focus on both business and the liberal arts. Having studied French for nine years, I am eager to build upon my language skills, as well as develop a holistic understanding of European culture and its business climate.

Overall, Penn is an institution where I can flourish with students who are equally passionate about making an impact. Through a full spectrum of available resources, the Wharton undergraduate program will improve my analytical capacity and literacy in business and prepare me for a career in the global marketplace.
sillybandz 6 / 20  
I think you did a great job by adding specifics into your essay and naming programs. I certainly think it is stronger than mine (if you could help me out that would be great). I don't really like the transitions (in addition and last and overall) because I feel like you are listing things. Try to make it flow into each paragraph. Overall I think your writing flows elegantly!
OP mayfl0wer 6 / 48  
Bump!

Thanks, I'll definitely try to fix that! : )
CMB19932015 3 / 18 4  
I do not think that you should use the (PIBV) acronym since you only mention it once in the essay. Also, I think that China's one child policy has been thoroughly researched you might want to come up with something more creative. I would really appreciate it if you looked at my essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Economics, international diplomacy & Language/ Engaging Academically @ Penn(Wharton)