(economics research and study) - What academic do you see yourself exploring at Penn?

EdCho 4 / 9  
Hello,
this is essay for University of Pennsylvania
I used my internship at my father's company to answer the question
but am worried that it is not specific and touching..
Could you please leave some comments on my essay?
Thanks!

Considering both the specific undergraduate school or program to which you are applying and the broader University of Pennsylvania community, what academic, research, and/or extracurricular paths do you see yourself exploring at Penn? (Max.250 words)

Since I was 16, I worked at my father's company because I was engrossed in economics and business and wanted to experience the real world problems. Although I earned many things through arranging financial and trade documents, I felt gloomy looking at my father who had to dismiss some employees due to economic depression. Recollecting my father's tears, I promised myself to become a world-renowned economist and rescue the world from slump.

Considering this, I feel University of Pennsylvania is the perfect place. Its Economics Department, located in the School of Arts and Sciences, ranked among the top ten in the U.S, offers rigorous academic and aims to "improve the analytical capacity and literacy in economics," which I was definitely looking for. I also feel thrilled with Pennsylvania's picturesque campus in the heart of Philadelphia, its lively city, and substantial investment to make better community. At there, I won't be disrupted by noise or brawl and can focus on strong academic foundation established by Benjamin Franklin.

At the University of Pennsylvania, I am ready to devote myself into economics research and study. Although the process of finding remedy for stagnation requires a great amount of perspiration and perseverance, I will certainly dedicate myself to get answers. I feel University of Pennsylvania can guide me to achieve my goal. My promise of finding a solution to economic downturn will never be abated until I dissipate my father's frowned face and wipe his tears by reviving his company and further out, the entire world.
lola033 2 / 2  
Wow, to be sincere your essay seems great. You give reasons and basically tell them that you have economics inside of you, and that is a good way to call there attention.
I promised myself to become a world-renowned economist and rescue the world from slump (choose a better word).

Hey, this is great, because it makes it so that your father's expression of emotion actually had a ripple effect and he can feel a sense of accomplishment when he sees how you benefit people during your career. Stay ethical and idealistic! :-)

Great ending. You did a great job.

Well, if you are serious about accomplishing this big goal, I think you must be interested in reading some articles about it in professional journals about economics. Your homework is to find a good journal, read a good article about improving the economy, and cite the article in your essay.
cleary21 2 / 5  
As opposed to recollecting try, recalling, its less awkward and flows much better
I guess I kind of like the rhythm of the word recollecting. But recalling is more efficient, for sure.

Home / Undergraduate / (economics research and study) - What academic do you see yourself exploring at Penn?