Economist and Businessman ; Uchicago essay- My greatest desire

Johann3000 2 / - 2  
The university of chicago is asking my why I want to get in, please help me as soon as possible.

I was born and raised in Colombia a country I truly love and care for. As I grew older I became more aware of Colombia's economical, social, and political situation. I could be considered to live among the upper middle class, but when I became aware of the huge poverty that most people lived in I desired to help them. The huge difference in the living conditions among the different social classes enraged me, and the fact that our corrupt politicians were ridiculously rich did not help to calm my anger at all. Twenty-six years ago, my parents created a small elementary in the south of the city. The school prospered because of its low prices and high quality education. My parents also desired to help the lower classes with this school, giving children the chance to learn and go to college. I admire my parents for running this school, but they will have to retire at some point. I will take over their legacy and my greatest desire is to make their school prosper to the point it can make a change in my city. In the other hand, I also desire to be able to help my whole country at some point, but I hate politics, so I want to become one of the leading economists in Colombia.

In order to achieve my goals, I wish to receive the best preparation possible. The University of Chicago is known around the globe for its many contributions to the world of economics. As you have said, an entire school of thought in economics is associated with the university's name. 25 people associated with UC have received the Nobel Prize in Economics. UC's professors are experts in their fields of research, providing the best education possible. I'm interested in your internship positions, especially in NORC. No university can outmatch UC in the field of economics and its great diversity in this area. Also, UC's cultural diversity attracts me as the Latino Christian that I am. I seek a healthy environment free of judgment, where everyone can freely express their ideas and believes, and I trust that UC can provide it. I also love soccer, even if I am not really good at it. I can't wait to see how talented UC's soccer team is; I will attend to every game for sure.

UC surpasses my expectative of what an ideal college should be like. For all this reasons, I desire to enter in UC. I still have much to learn, but I know that UC can shape me into an efficient economist and businessman better than any other university.
xxxbluefrogxxx 4 / 13 1  

I was born and raised in Colombia a country I truly love and care for. As I grew older I became more aware of Colombia's economical, social, and political situation. I could be considered to live among the upper middle class, but when I became aware of the huge poverty that most people lived in I desired to help them. The huge difference in the living conditions among the different social classes enraged me, and the fact that our corrupt politicians were ridiculously rich did not help to calm my anger at all. Twenty-six years ago, my parents created a small elementary in the south of the city. The school prospered because of its low prices and high quality education. My parents also desired to help the lower classes with this school, giving children the chance to learn and go to college. I admire my parents for running this school, but they will have to retire at some point. I will take over their legacy and my greatest desire is to make their school prosper to the point it can make a change in my city. In the other hand, I also desire to be able to help my whole country at some point, but I hate politics,do you really want to insult politics like that?.... maybe use a milder expression than hate so I want to become one of the leading economists in Colombia.

In order to achieve my goals, I wish to receive the best preparation possible. The University of Chicago is known around the globe for its many contributions to the world of economics. As you have said who said? , an entire school of thought in economics is associated with the university's name. 25 people associated with UC have received the Nobel Prize in Economics. UC's professors are experts in their fields of research, providing the best education possible. I'm interested in your internship positions, especially in NORC. No university can outmatch UC in the field of economics and its great diversity in this area. Also, UC's cultural diversity attracts me as the Latino Christian that I am. I seek a healthy environment free of judgment, where everyone can freely express their ideas and believes, and I trust that UC can provide it. I also love soccer, even if I am not really good at it. I can't wait to see how talented UC's soccer team is; I will attend to every game for sure.

you use UC a lot of times
sobegreentea972 1 / 15 2  
InOn the other hand,

Never seen "In the other hand"

freely express their ideas and believes , (should be beliefs , I'm not positive)

I also love soccer, even though I am not really good at it. I can't wait to see how talented UC's soccer team is; I will surely attend every game .

My opinion.

Home / Undergraduate / Economist and Businessman ; Uchicago essay- My greatest desire