'Education is optimum tool to achieve my goals' - PURDUE

soufianelaouad 3 / 29  
I was born and raised in Morocco, a under developed country due to a lack of education, a failed government, and deeply entrenched corruption. Morocco also suffers from high rates of illiteracy, disease, population growth and an unstable governments. Given my background I am very grateful for the opportunities that became reachable with my move.

Currently, My number one priority is to attend college. This is primarily the reason my sister and I emigrated to the United States some three years ago. The United States is considered scientifically and technologically the most advanced country in the world. These qualities and values are a result of an outstanding academic environment and spirit of excellence, which are implanted in the educational system, thus making it the best in the world. I am most interested in exploring the field of engineering: electrical or mechanical. It's a field that fascinates me deeply and I can see myself being endlessly stimulated in a rewarding career in engineering. I see myself being able to contribute substantially to the field. I see myself being able to achieve positions of leadership in it.

Ultimately I want to give back. I am ready to work tirelessly to achieve great success in my career. Which will allow me to give back to the world: to education, to Africa, to help the sick and the less fortunate. The people who are able to make the difference in alleviating world issues are those that give of their time, their money, their resources and their ingenuity. I witnessed these issues first-hand growing up in Africa.

Education is optimum tool to achieve my goals. I have always had a thirst for knowledge; And a good college education is what will give me that knowledge. The University of Purdue has been known to produce some of the most influential alumni in the technology field. Such as Neil Armstrong who's accomplishments not only advanced the field of aerospace science and technology, it also moved the world. Becoming a student in such a renown and prestigious college would be a golden opportunity.
Mango17 - / 15  
I think this is a very good essay and you do a great job at expressing your interest in your field. I do not know the topic, but if this is asking you WHY Purdue, then you should expand a bit more on the research, internship, volunteer, and study abroad opportunities that would be available to you.

Good luck! I hope you get in!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Education is optimum tool to achieve my goals' - PURDUE