'education is the vehicle' - Common App Transfer Student

sophstar27 1 / -  
I am applying as a transfer student. The prompt is: Please provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.

Please be honest! Thanks!

As I grow older and mature, I realize that education is the vehicle that will get me to the destination I strive to reach. I am eager to be a part of an institution, which provides me with a great education as well as a valuable experience that will ultimately aid me in becoming a leader. As I have been involved with community service for many years, achieving the highest award in Girl Scouts ( Gold Award) , I have always held a profound desire to give back to my community. During the previous summer of 2011, I volunteered at the Northern Westchester at a social worker office. My job was to babysit children while their mothers visited the therapist. These were all single mothers coming from women shelters and low-income neighborhoods. The conditions of the mothers, as well as the children, were extremely disturbing to me. The one and only thing I concluded that if these mothers had obtained an education they and their children would not have been in those conditions. This inspired me to think of a way that I could help girls and women in my community. To me community has no borders; it includes everyone on the planet.

In order to take my cause to the next level and act on my aspiration, I created a website called Wheel.org. (Women Health Education and Economic League) My mission for this project is to help young girls and women receive education and empower them so they can have better economic and social conditions. My immediate goal for 2012 is to raise money to educate young girls in underprivileged areas. As I am going forward to achieve my education goals I see in my rear view mirror those young girls, future mothers, desperately waiting for help. It is imperative to me to come to ---GW and achieve the best education, combined with knowledge and experience with the support of the faculty and my future peers.

Humans are chameleons; we must choose our surrounding selectively. It is necessary for me to learn from the smartest and brightest, students as well as faculty, in order to effectively achieve my goals. I want to receive my education at GW not only for my own future, but also for the reshaping of the future of many, many more. I am here to make a difference in this society.

Here are my last words to GW! Please, look in your rear view mirror; don't leave me behind.
During the previous summer of 2011, I volunteered at the Northern Westchester at a social workers office.

These were all single mothers coming from women's shelters and low-income neighborhoods.

The one and only thing I concluded was that if these mothers had obtained an education, they and their children would not have been in those conditions.

In order to take my cause to the next level and act on my aspiration, I created a website called Wheel.org. (Women Health Education and Economic League)---This is great!!

My mission for this project is to help young girls and women receive an education and to empower them so they can have better economic and social conditions.

Humans are chameleons; we must choose our surroundings selectively.---Good point!

They'll be lucky to have you as a student!
:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'education is the vehicle' - Common App Transfer Student