'educational career from the school of my village' - US application

USMAN GUJJAR 2 / 33  
Belonging to rural area and poor family back ground but a strong desire of studies I am applying for US undergraduate program.

I started my educational career from the school of my village. I got competitive scholar ship in 5th class and first position in 8th in school. I got 1st position in school English competition and IQ level Competition as well. But due to the lack of opportunity I could not keep it on constantly. My parents wished to send me in some good school but I could joined school only for last 04 months due to highly cost of education for a rural person and parents have to support other children as well. There was a gap between income and expenses. But I did not lost heart and doing both the thing first time school and second time work in the fields with my father. Finally I was able to get First division in matric with 66% marks.

But this little success proved transitory as I have to leave my education due to financial crisis. I started working in fields. My father cannot support all the children to get admissions in colleges and universities as my elders brothers were studying.

5 to 6 Years were passed in this condition and I was looking for opportunity to show my innate love for studies.
So I decided to appear in FA as a private candidate in year 2011 annual exam. This decision was taken just before 06 months of exams. There were 12 subjects and 06 months, I put my best efforts to show my ability and hard work keeping in view that in matric I did my best but result was not according to my desires. It was a very difficult task to handle so many subjects and also work in the fields like matric, but I was committed and took the exam.

Result was announced on 10-09-2011,I was the 1st position holder in BISE Multan among the 42 thousand students. And 2nd Position over all in the Punjab Province in my Group Humanities .I secured 85% marks. Gold Medal was given to me and CM Punjab also gave me cash prize and commendation certificate.CM praised me especially for my efforts.

After this I worked for 03 months with TEF (Tareen Education Foundation) and told to the students how to solve paper, what strategies you should adopt for securing high marks, how to spend 3 and half hours in examination hall above all of these how to handle more subjects in short time. I have decided to devote myself for studies. So I want to continue it with full zeal and passion.
chlorof4 1 / 1  
i think , that's very good,. it's clear and show about yourself... but i don't see about your reasons for applying the undergraduate program..
aijw824 1 / 12  
You have a very unique story. That alone, without additional writing skills, will make you stand out.

I understand that you listed the things you've accomplished and it shows that you're dedicated and hardworking, but I'm wondering if it's better to include more details about your struggles and how being in this special situation has made you stronger. etc.

These are just my reaction to the paper, I hope it helped.

Good lucks.

Home / Undergraduate / 'educational career from the school of my village' - US application