EducationUSA adviser advised me to apply to Gettysburg; Gettysburg Supp/ Interest?

moon05 13 / 133 20  
Prompt: How did you become interested in Gettysburg College? (750 Characters)

I have reached 802 characters. Please help shortening and editing as needed.

After getting the Opportunity Fund Scholarship my EducationUSA adviser advised me to apply to Gettysburg, being a liberal arts college with low student-faculty ratio it will help me to get involved with academic as well as social engagements. While searching on the internet the biggest thing that attracted me towards Gettysburg, other than its academics, is the opportunity for the students to get involved in research through the summer research projects and other than that it has an observatory which is greatly needed to gain hands on experience before entering graduate school. I will also have the opportunity of engaging myself in community service, learning to play music instruments and play many sports that only I have dreamt of playing. That's why I think Gettysburg is a best fit for me.
13579ben 2 / 3 1  
Here's My corrected version of what you have:

After getting the Opportunity Fund Scholarship, my EducationUSA adviser advised me to apply to Gettysburg, the low student-faculty ratio liberal arts college which will help me get involved with academic as well as social engagements. The biggest thing that attracted me to Gettysburg, other than its academics, is the opportunity for the students to get involved in research through the summer research projects. Gettysburg also has an observatory which is needed to gain hands on experience before entering graduate school. I will nonetheless have the opportunity to engage myself in community service and learn to play music instruments and sports that I have only dreamt of playing. That's why Gettysburg is a best fit.
OP moon05 13 / 133 20  
Hey 13579ben many many thanks... thanks for the corrections as it's now it's in the word limit...

But I want some more... Please everyone help!
Mein 4 / 22 2  
After getting the Opportunity Fund Scholarship, my EducationUSA adviser advised me to apply to Gettysburg. It's low student-faculty ratio liberal arts college will help me get involved with academic as well as social engagements...

I will also have the opportunity to engage myself in community service and learn to play music instruments and sports that I have only dreamt of playing.

Omit the last sentence
OP moon05 13 / 133 20  
Hey thanks for the reply Mein

Home / Undergraduate / EducationUSA adviser advised me to apply to Gettysburg; Gettysburg Supp/ Interest?