EducationUSA advisor in Dubai; MIT essay/ Most significant challenge

AliTaha 1 / 2  
The prompt "Tell us about the most significant challenge you've faced or something important that didn't go according to plan. How did you manage the situation?"

About three months ago, my dad took me to the EducationUSA advisor in Dubai. We talked for a while, and during that talk, she couldn't stress enough how much I needed to register for the SAT. Now that was a tough sell for me considering I was a British curriculum student who was doing three A-Levels, it just didn't click. My parents also tried to persuade me to register for the SAT, and, on October 3rd, I did, and I had a lot of ground to cover.

Fast forward to November 2nd, I finally did the exam, and I was relieved because I thought the journey was over. However, I was wrong, because the journey had only just begun. I had debated doing the SAT II exam with my father and myself before actually registering for the exam. I had 5 weeks to prepare for the exam. And I'm proud of myself because I did the exam, prepared for it mostly by myself, and I was happy with the results.

The challenge here was more a mental war than anything. I was reluctant to do the SAT at first because I though I was in a completely different ballpark, I was proven wrong when I actually started studying for the exams. Indeed, the English section of the SAT exam was different, but the SAT II exams did have their similarities with their A-Level counterparts. I'm glad I did the exams, and I'm proud, of most, of the results.
Shilay 5 / 12 1  
Its a good thing that you wrote about making through education differences betweem your country and USA, but its form is a bit chaotic, so I dont think evaluator will enjoy reading. Try making it a bit more entertaining.
OP AliTaha 1 / 2  
Thanks for the advice
Ar4yk 2 / 1  
Overall it is good essay, I liked it. But I think you should change the "exam" because it is repeated to much
OP AliTaha 1 / 2  
I changed the essay, could you give it another look. Thanks in advance!

About three months ago, my dad took me to the EducationUSA advisor in Dubai. We talked for a while, and during that talk, she couldn't stress enough how much I needed to register for the SAT. Now that was a tough sell for me considering I was a British curriculum student who was doing three A-Levels, it just didn't click. After numerous attempts of persuasion from my parents, I finally registered, and I had a lot of ground to cover.

After I was finally done with the SAT, I was relieved because I thought the journey was over. However, it only took me a mere few days to be proven wrong, because the journey had only just begun. I had debated doing two SAT II subjects with my father and myself, although now that I think of it, I think at some point during the argument, I intended to do it. And I'm proud I did. The reason being, I prepared for it mostly by myself, and I was happy with the results.

The challenge here was more a mental war than anything. I was reluctant to do the SAT at first because I though I was in a completely different ballpark, but thankfully I was proven wrong. Indeed, the English section of the SAT exam was hectic, but the SAT II exams did have their similarities with their A-Level counterparts. I'm glad I did the exams, and I'm proud, of most, of the results.

Home / Undergraduate / EducationUSA advisor in Dubai; MIT essay/ Most significant challenge