EGO & SELF ESTEEM; "DESCRIBE YOURSELF" essay for UNC Chapel Hill application

ajdv94 1 / -  
In order to adequately describe myself, i must highlight the fact that my large ego and self-esteem make me overly proud of who i am as an individual, although i can recognize my flaws. As an American born Spaniard studying abroad, I've been able to live both the American Dream and the European lifestyle, which both have a heavy impact on my way of being. I've always been of outspoken and candid character before I moved from the United States to Spain, and although the way of living in Europe (and the language) is completely different, I have managed to maintain my own personality. What drove me towards the decision to abandon my country of birth was the fact that i was curious as to what the world outside of the American walls had to offer, and this curiosity along with my eagerness for achieving my own set goals propelled me to take the steps necessary to study abroad, and pull through with them. Who doesn't dream of studying in a foreign country? I believe myself to be a "go-getter" and I am very persistent, in the sense that if something interests me in the slightest way or if i have an upcoming project, i won't stop until I find out everything their is to know about it and I don't feel confident about my work until I've made sure that every last detail is perfect. To me it seems to be a curse, but its just one contributing factor to my personality. My mother would probably describe me as a "daredevil" because when i asked my parents what they thought of me leaving the country to go study elsewhere, she said to me that she "would have never found the valiancy to leave home at such a young age". My level of maturity has enormously risen since the Spanish lifestyle requires a special adaptation because of its struggling society in contrast to the american society. I know that i am extremely fortunate to be able to have left the US in search of international studies, and I could describe myself as a grateful person, because i have seen the circumstances in which some people must live in Europe which americans only see on the television and have immense gratitude for the people who helped me get to where i am as well as my family for providing for my every day needs. "Hopeful" sums up the type of idea i have towards most of my every day challenges and i have faith not only in my colleagues but in myself to get the job done when it needs finishing.
mayfl0wer 6 / 48  
CAPITALIZE ALL YOUR I s!!!

AVOID CONTRACTIONS!

In order to adequately describe myself, i must highlight the fact that my large ego and self-esteem make me overly proud of who i am as an individual, although i can recognize my flaws.

^awkward

I've always been of outspoken and candid character before I moved from the United States to Spain

The idea of your essay is great but the ideas do not flow. Try to make your ideas connect a little bit more.

Home / Undergraduate / EGO & SELF ESTEEM; "DESCRIBE YOURSELF" essay for UNC Chapel Hill application