elaborating on basketball as an extra curricular activity-commonapp

delegate 1 / 2  
I feel elated whenever I participate in the game of basketball. I originally got involved in this activity just because it was fun. And now I don't only feel gleeful but have also accrued a sense of fortitude whenever competing .The crux of being a good basketball player, as I learnt during my 4 years of high school, is hardwork in addition to discipline. With these virtues I've established myself into a rare gem, by combining active sports and academics to achieve outstanding prowess. I led the school as captain of the basketball team in winning the regional sprite basketball competition on 3 consecutive occasions. Basketball has helped me deal with my innate problem of complacency and apportioning of blame. Rather than rushing, I have learnt-from being the captain of the school team, to face adversity with pragmatism.

When I play, I'm fully immersed in one thought: I must win. Knowing very well that there is more to learn both morally and play-wise, I yearn to play in college. Basketball has been of great benefit to me.
Elizabeth_A2013 2 / 4 1  
And now I don't only feel gleeful but have also accrued a sense of fortitude whenever competing .

You could rearrange this sentence so it does not start with And.

Learnt should be learned.

It's good. It's cool that you're talking about something that you truly care about.

Home / Undergraduate / elaborating on basketball as an extra curricular activity-commonapp