Electrical Engineering - "How you come up with you major ?" UC app transfer

Nyamuk 2 / 1  
What is your intended major? Discuss how your interest in the subject developed and describe any experience you have had in the field - such as volunteer work, internships and employment, participation in student organizations and activities - and what you have gained from your involvement.

My intended major is Electrical Engineering. Choosing a major is far more complicated than just deciding what I want to be. There are many factors to take into account of before I decided to chose one particular major. I believe that choosing major should be based on what we are interested in learning, and also the best way to learn is from our experience. Based on those belief, I believe that my experiences in the past are the best reflection of my interest. Most important of all, I am looking forward to develop my interest into something more valid to dedicate to the society.

I realized my interest in electric circuits started when I was in sixth grade. My science teacher gave a final assignment to design a small simulation of light bulb as lighting. I designed a small bakery and few small houses made from paper with light bulb inside each building. It took me around twenty light bulbs to finish my simulation. Every time my light bulb broken, I had to analyze the problem and fixed it. as if it was not enough, I added a switch to my simulation in order to make it more real. In junior high school, I learned more about it in physics class and developed my interest in physics. I never knew that I enjoyed physics a lot until my high school physics teacher offered me a voluntary work as a physics tutor for my juniors who were preparing their selves for a competition. As a physics tutor, I learned more complicated problems.

Being curious to learn about electric circuits' application in industry, I talked about it a lot with my father. Knowing that, my father decided to bring me to his colleague's factory, so I could learn directly from the expert in it. The technician was very kind to me that he took me for a walk and explained a little bit about those machineries. My curiosity grew even more since my trip to the factory. I started to experiment my computer. I had one broken computer in my room, so I started to open up the CPU and tried to fixed it. My friend, who was an expert in computer, guided me to figure out the source of the problem and how to fix it.

Taking from all my small experiences, I realized that I have been interested in Electrical Engineering far before I chose to major in it. based on that reason, I want to fulfill my dream to contribute my knowledge to Indonesia's industrial technology. I hope that with the things I learned here, I can clear the way to a more advanced yet beneficial technology that has not been developed in Indonesia yet.
Kimayu 5 / 25  
Choosing a major is far more complicated than just deciding what I want to be. There are many factors to take into account of before I decided to chose one particular major. ... I was the first one in my entire family to ever majoringmajor in engineering. being the first , I had big curiosity to understand the mechanism of an electrical system in general.

I realized my interest toin electric circuits started when I was in sixth grade.

Every time my lightlight bulbbroke I had to analyze the problem and fix it. as if it was not enough, I added a switch to my simulation in order to make it more real.

As a physics tutor, I learned much more complicated problems .

Being curious to learn about electric circuits' application in industry,I talked about it a lot with my father. Knowing the fact that I wanted to know more about it made my father to bring me to his colleague's factory -You should rephrase the sentence.

I started to make an experiment with my computer.

Taking from all my small experiences, I realized that I have been falling intointerested in Electrical Engineering far before I chose to major in it.

I find the essay rather bland.The introduction isn't very interesting.You have good examples but the ending is also not really captivating.I'm sorry for the harsh comments and good luck!
I had big curiosity to understand the mechanism of an electrical system in general.

In this part of the essay, I think you are not actually expressing your true feeling.
You should put a sentence at the end of the first paragraph to tell the reader the BIGGEST message of the essay...

I think the big message of the essay is not that you had a big curiosity about electrical systems. I think you are drawn to electrical systems because of something in your personality or how you see the world.

Also, it might be good to write about where you would like to work, what you would like to do to contribute to your field, etc.

Let the reader share a vision of your future.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Electrical Engineering - "How you come up with you major ?" UC app transfer