Electronic media, drawing, and sculpture; "Who you are/explain your self"

woox 3 / -  
Aite this is my LAST essay :) The topic for this was write about something personal/who you are, so I think I did a good job, just need it to be proofed :)

Thanks!

Eighteen years of my life have been spent on creating who I am today. Within those growing years, I was given the freedom to explore the world, researching my curiosity, and creating my interests. The interests I have come to harness define me as a unique individual and have given me the tools to be successful in life.

Art has been one of my favorite interests and hobby throughout the years. I have explored and created various pieces in electronic media, drawing, and sculpture. With over hundreds of pieces created, and being asked to create media for various events, art has been a big influence in my life. My success in art has as well brought me many awards. Majority of these awards were won through the Parent Teacher association and the Collin County community. Furthermore I have won a gold medal at VASE (annual art competition) four years in a row throughout high school. Expanding my love for art, I joined the National Art Honor Society, a club in which students help create art for the community, and help generate diverse decorations for special occasions hosted at our school. I have been involved in the art community throughout my high school life and it has greatly affected me as an individual by making me a more creative person.

In addition to art, I have developed an immense taste for the computer and online zone. My interest in computers started with the creation of a "Halo" base game on the Continuum/Subspace client. This game was a mass online game which was coded and designed from scratch by me. The game rapidly populated to a small community of about five hundred people. By managing the small population created, over time I learned how to become an effective leader, and how to be efficient in life. Soon, I slowly drifted into the web development zone, in which I learned various computer languages such as C++, Java, HTML and Python. Focusing on the video game industry niche, I gradually created one website, and expanded my community to four and five different websites. Ultimately I ended up with a monumental and successful community, with over hundred thousand unique visits each day. By moderating and communicating with people all throughout the world, these communities refined me as a person and helped me learn organization and task managing that greatly helped me in my academic success.

Furthermore, my interests and success have geared me to the path of my future career. My generation of people have grown up in a time of violence, war, and death. The fact that people around the world die around the world due to the lack of doctors is a scandalous thought, and I would like to be out there to make a difference in someone's life. Countries such as Africa where poverty exists are in a situation in where they can get all the help they can get. Life being wasted by common diseases that can easily be cured is a heartbreaking thought and I want to be out there to save lives that can potentially be saved. However in order for me to become a medical doctor, I would need to peruse a higher degree of education. From the beginning of my admittance to high school, I was part of the Health Occupational Service Association (HOSA), in which all the members and I helped around our metropolis with various tasks such as, going to the nursing home, creating homes for the homeless, and various fundraisers. In addition to that, every Sunday, I would play Bingo with the seniors at the nursing home, and at least once a week volunteer at the Presbyterian Hospital of Allen; in which I helped in the emergency room. The act of helping other people significantly gave me personal satisfaction, and made me feel proud to do what I did, and I would like to continue doing this as a doctor in the future.

I have competed and have been challenged throughout high school and have been involved in many different activities that geared my personal goals to the right direction. Nevertheless, higher education is a prime factor I need to attain before I can make a difference in the world, and I plan to achieve that through hard work and determination.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Another great essay! Here are a few editing tips for you:

Art has been one of my favorite interests and hobbies throughout the years.

The majority of these awards were won

a monumental and successful community, with over a hundred thousand unique visits each day.

The fact that people around the world die [delete around the world] due to the lack of doctors is a scandalous thought

are in a situation in where they could use all the help they can get.

volunteer at the Presbyterian Hospital of Allen, where I helped in the emergency room.

Really good work! Best of luck!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / Electronic media, drawing, and sculpture; "Who you are/explain your self"