Embrace anything and everything - even unexpected

wonderland 2 / 3 2  
It's due tonight, please help!
Please tell me if my essay answers the prompt or not and whether it is convincing. I personally feel like I haven't answered the second half but I can't think of anything else until I am given feedback.

Describe one of your greatest strengths. Given the knowledge you have gained about the Queen's Commerce Program, describe how this strength will help you to succeed in the program. (Please limit your answer to 300 words or fewer, approximately 1950 characters with spaces)

Anyone can plan things out to a certain extent but that does not guarantee the future will follow accordingly. Being able to accept what happens in life and decide how to proceed from there on without constant self-reproach is essential to success because life is unpredictable. Since I was little, my expectations were rather unrealistic. I was met with disappointment half the time and blamed myself for not doing any better. After I started partaking in extracurricular activities, I realized that it was normal. One of my greatest strengths now is the ability to embrace the unexpected.

As the Editor in Chief of Spectrum, my school's yearbook committee, there were times where things did not goes as planned. From disputes within the executive team to the photographer heads losing photos to the copy editors missing their deadlines-none of this was expected because my team had prior experience with Spectrum. However, instead of blaming myself for letting this happen, I calmly accepted the outcome and came up with solutions to address the problems.

The Queen's Commerce Program is similar in the fact that anything can happen. Being the most prestigious undergraduate program in Canada, it is a whole new world I can only predict to a certain extent. The program allows students to develop an understanding of business in their first two years and although there will definitely be things I am unfamiliar with, I will embrace the unknown material and go out of my way to comprehend it fully. The same applies to all the conferences and competitions to be held. Because it will be my first time, things may not go as I expect it would. If that happens, I am certain I will remain calm, adapt quickly, and think about how I would approach the situation. In essence, with my strength, I am able to embrace anything that comes my way. If it is failure, I will learn from what I did wrong and improve myself in order to do better next time.
budhesh28 - / 2  
Hello Dear,
I would like to take the opportunity to provide you feedback on your answer. First of all, your response is not bad at all. The only thing that you can do here in order to make this more convincing is to be a little more specific. As an example, may be, you can identify more than one strengths and then choose the one that is a most likely fit. One's strength is essentially virtues like honesty, patience, determination, etc. An identification of such qualities lacks in your response. Your response can stand out if you can identify some of your real qualities that act as a strength for you. The answer to the second half will follow from what qualities you have identified as your strength. As a suggestion, you can relate those qualities (identified strengths) with what you anticipate in the course and hence you will answer how will that strength help you succeed in the program. Hope that helps.

Best
Budhesh Chopra

Home / Undergraduate / Embrace anything and everything - even unexpected