Emerson: Why Not? A Story About The Best Excuse For Doing Anything

kayleighlevitt 5 / 8  
We understand that the college application process often feels stressful, when instead it should be an opportunity for self-reflection. Stop worrying for a minute and have fun with this response. Much of the work that students do at Emerson College is a form of storytelling. If you were to write the story of your life until now, what would you title it and why? Please be brief (100-200 words).

Why Not? A Story About The Best Excuse For Doing Anything

Behind every movement is a person with an idea. I think anyone can be a Gandhi. He was a person, with a philosophy that he believed in enough to become it. We all have that capacity. In order to do that, we must challenge ourselves to shift our paradigm of what we think is possible. Changing the world begins within. I choose to see myself as a being made of infinite potential, thus, that is the way I see the world. People used to tell me, "Just wait until you find out unicorns do not exist." They still do. My reasoning may seem ludicrous, yet every leap forward society made up until now, once was considered impossible. All things exist in the quantum realm of potentiality. It is how we perceive them that make it real. Perspective is a choice. Therefore, we are in choice whether something is real or not. Impossible is just an opinion someone made once. To most, it seems idealistic to seek a world that works for everyone. It is up to idealists who refuse nothing less than to prove impossible wrong. I believe in change, and that is something I intend to see through. Why not be the person with the idea behind the movement? Why not?

I am 23 words over 200. So if you see words I can use that make the sentence smaller, sentences I can shave off, or any way I can lose a word here or there that would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
silentspring 12 / 58  
Great essay! You are a really strong writer.
It seems this college really stresses story telling. I think your essay can be stronger if you can tell a story that reflects your aforementioned insight.

Home / Undergraduate / Emerson: Why Not? A Story About The Best Excuse For Doing Anything