Emory College why Emory. "The wise heart seeks knowledge"

alexis brandon 17 / 44  
The Prompt
Many students decide to apply to Emory College based on our size, location, reputation, and yes, the weather. Besides these valid reasons for making Emory College a possible college choice, why is Emory College a particularly good match for you?

Emory College has an unparalleled academic and social community that transforms students into professionals and individual passions into a career. I know that at Emory University I can flourish, be innovative, and fulfill my educational desires.

I first stumbled upon Emory as a timid third grader; my stepfather worked at Emory Hospital and was admitted as a patient there after he had an aneurysm. One afternoon, tired of being pent up in the hospital for days, my Uncle approached my sister and me saying, "We were going on an adventure." This mysterious adventure led us to the urban campus of Emory University and after walking through the Haygood-Hopkins Memorial Gateway, I knew Emory was where I wanted to attend college.

Now, years later I still aspire to be an Emory Eagle. I want to visit different booths on Wonderful Wednesday, I want to browse the shelves of the Robert W. Woodruff library, and I want participate in Cultural Beats. Emory will provide me with a place to grow, educate my inquiring mind, and interact with a diverse body of people. As an Emory student, I see myself achieving academic success, engaging in revolutionary research, training to become an EMT-Intermediate, and participating in the Emory European Politics Program. At Emory College I can pursue my academic disciplines of Political Science and Psychology without limits.

College is a medium through which students can turn themselves into what they want to be. I aspire to be a member of the Emory community. Moreover, I want to live by the Emory motto, "Cor Prudentis Possidebit Scientiam" or "The wise heart seeks knowledge." My heart desires the knowledge acquired through an Emory education.

Any help is appreciated as this is due tomorrow and I am willing to read your essays in return. Also this is over the word limit so any cuts are also welcome. Thank you in advance and be harsh.
monkeymaze 7 / 15  
Hi,

Great ending! I really liked how you began with your story touring around Emory. I do not know much about the word limit, but you can maybe write more about the annotations that I put into the essay. Good luck and can you also read my "First Tee" essay? Thanks.
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
Emory will provide me with a place to be unique, to grow, to educate my inquiring mind, and to interact with a diverse body of people.

As an Emory student, I can see myself achieving academic success, engaging in revolutionary research, training to become an EMT-Intermediate, and participating in the Emory European Politics Program.

At Emory College, I can pursue my academic disciplines of Political Science and Psychology without limits. as there are no limits to an Emory education.

My heart desires the knowledge acquired through a Emory education. professors.

Home / Undergraduate / Emory College why Emory. "The wise heart seeks knowledge"