'End of scene' - Questbridge Essay; Which topic would this essay go better with?

pdelvalle7 3 / 4  
Essay #1: Tell us about an experience you have had or a concept you have learned about that intellectually excites you. Why does it interest you, and what does this tell us about you?

Essay #2: Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you. (500 word limit)
Which topic would this essay go better with? I wrote it thinking it was meant for the first one.
End of scene. The credits are rolling, your mind speechless and your lashes damp. You see the clock strike seven; the sun starts setting and your heart begins melting. All you ever wanted is here in front of you, yet this is the first time you see it. Realization foresees something new and exciting, and your spine shivers freely at the thought of what the future holds for you. Nature. Freedom. Solitude. Happiness. Words to live by, you remind yourself, not knowing that these concepts will soon take over your curiosity. Now your mind is spinning, wondering why it's taken you this long to seek your true potential, reminiscing your care-free childhood days and frowning at your rigid existence. How to start? You have all the time in the world, you see. Reading and hearing ethereal melodies are just the beginning. You've caught on to the concept of poetry and you start to appreciate those sweet and troubled words from long ago. You comprehend lyrical art and its way of moving you. But the greatest feat of all, you tell yourself, is holding in your mind the truth; the reality that one day you will be remembered, and one day you will be forgotten. The truth: As you see yourself you will continue to exist, but if you find you're not happy with your choices, there's always a way to find peace and never let go. You've become the master of your own identity; the master of your fate and happiness. Creativity rushes through you like a paint brush swaying back and forth on an unfinished creation. In return, music feels more beautiful than ever, and you fall in love with the symbolic tune of The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. Again; wondering why it's taken you so long. Coming to the conclusion that maturity is key, therefore becoming wiser means reverting back to your cherished childhood memories and making sense of them. So you start to thank this film; the film that taught you how to open the doors of perspective, the film that released you from the harshness of society and threw you into the notion of pure literature, music, and ideas.

One year has passed since your awakening, as you like to call it. One year of experiences, theories, and relationships. Experiences involving the simple things in life such as the wrinkling of the eyes at the time of laughter. Theories of the meaning of happiness and its place in the world. Relationships with the people worth your precious time; the ones who've suffered, bring out the best in you, and have patience in you. These kind you will forever seek; the kind that accept you and listen. The kind that advise, but don't interrupt, and the kind that have meaningful conversations at three a.m.

In retrospect, the concept of transcendentalism has stimulated your interests, and this you know will never cease. Learning has never been more rewarding, and the world has never looked so beautiful.

Fin

Thanks for reading, opinions are appreciated.
readysetgrow 1 / 1  
I'm thinking that it fits the second one, because you don't answer the "what does it tell us about you" part all that well. It definitely rings more like a reflection about your experience.

I really like how this is written, by the way!

Home / Undergraduate / 'End of scene' - Questbridge Essay; Which topic would this essay go better with?