WHY? short essay on Why Engineering?

Noob in writing 5 / 25  
"please tell us what attracts you specifically to the study of engineering"

In industrial engineering I find preparation I need to solve real world problems. In contrast to the curriculum of economics, the one of industrial engineering combines economics, computer science and optimization methods into one package, providing me a balanced mixture of intellectual discipline and technical skills under real world scenario. Most importantly, engineering teaches ways of thinking and the developments of analysis, which will be essential under today's globalized and fast-paced society.

I am switching from economics to industrial engineering. Hope it works! Any feedback will be appreciated.
asymptote 1 / 4  
Within the field of industrial engineering, I[will?] find the preparation I need to solve real world problems. In contrast to my previous [or current?]single-minded study of economics, the one of industrial engineering's curriculum combines [synthesizes?] economics, computer science and optimization methods into one package, providing me a balanced mixture of intellectual discipline and technical skills underapplicable to real world scenarios . Most importantly, engineering teaches novel? ways of thinking and the developments of analytical skills , which will beis essential in today's globalized and fast-paced societyfast-paced global society .

you don't necessarily need to use all of my suggestions but I hope you find it helpful :-)
For sure, this works! It's high quality stuff. Your aspirations are impressive, too. It could be better, though!! Imagine if you wrote with great imagery about an experience that infused in you a need to create some specific thing or help the government rework some public system. If you show the reader that you have a specific driving force -- in addition to the great things about engineering that you write about here.

:-)
In the study of industrial engineering I find preparation I need to solve real world problems. ---- this sentence is confusing because of "find preparation." I thought you meant you found something out about the role of preparation in the field. I suggest this:

In the study of industrial engineering, I can prepare to solve real world problems...

Most importantly, engineering teaches not only just analytical skills but also innovative ways of thinking, which are also essential under today's fast-paced global society.

Home / Undergraduate / WHY? short essay on Why Engineering?